Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I'm new here also, as of today. I will also do an intro as you have.
(0)

I don't know how strong you are, but I find that I can't schlep my mom's portable wheelchair in and out of the car anymore. We use the transport from her NH (they also had transport at her AL) and I meet her there. It may not seem like you've gained much, but it's a huge lift to know you don't have the physical toll on you plus you avoid the drama back at the AL.

I was able to simplify what seemed like ongoing shopping by making sure she had extras of all toiletries and snack items. Then I mentioned that I'd be resupplying only once a week so please keep a list when things are LOW, not out. I eliminate emergency medication runs by using the pharmacies text alert when a refill was due. In lieu of that, I made a note on my calendar when she had about 10 pills left and called in for a refill, that I could get her on a weekly visit.

Is there something you could do at your kids' schools to help out? It'd show them that they and their lives are important to you, and would also give you another reason why you can't run to MIL.
(1)

Yes, Xanax and alcohol are deadly...already did the intervention in 2008. As for reporting, there are no appointments for another 6 months...I've already decided no more jumping through hoops for her, or any of them. I'll pay her bills but won't worry myself about her spending...they don't care so I don't care, period.

As far as him having an affair, doubtful. He's just and asshole...has to be right, have things his way. His best friend of over 35 years is just about done with how he talk to him...so, maybe hitting rock bottom is what he needs to pull his head out of his ass and understand you can't treat peopl like crap no expect them to stick around.

I appreciate all the input...please realize that I'm really venting and vetting all my emotions right now...praying dutifully and trying to refocus on myself.

My birthday is tomorrow...middle of a school week, so dinner probably. I'm low-key...
(1)

Good for you, keep venting.
I was going to say that addiction is a recurring illness, but uppermost in my mind concerning you is that it is not your responsibility to fix all of the dysfunctional people. So sorry that they have chosen you to use up and to be hateful towards.
No one deserves that, ever.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter