i am now 6 weeks pregnant with a 19 month old that cannot be 2 feet from my hip. she only has been here a week and im so overwhelmed. i need my husband to be more helpful and understanding and i need some community support. i need help finding agencies that will help with sitting or anything to just let me rest.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
And you took on this task because ... ??

Call Social Services in your county. Ask for a needs assessment. The intake worker who comes out will know not only the programs the county administers but also other resources in the community. GGM may be eligible for help with things like bathing, a visiting nurse, perhaps a personal care attendant or a health aide. She may be eligible for incontinence supplies. She may need to apply for Medicaid if she is not already on it.

The first step is to determine what in-home help is available, and to take advantage of it.

What was your husband's role in the decision to bring GGM into your home?

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter