Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Hey Lgm, good to see you here, was reading you on LIsa's thread..... I agree with Nancy, time to get mom a complete eval, head to toe, brain to butt....don't know if the strokes are responsible for her behaviours, but time for dad to listen to you...step up and do what you feel is in her best interest... have no regrets... if you feel there is more going on than the Dr. sees then find a geriatric Dr. that specializes in elder care..... I'm sure others will have suggestions also..... good for you insisting they move closer to you... and would your dad agree to getting some respite? Sounds like he needs a serious break from all the stress... and of course he is in denial, that's just part of loving her.... and his own fear of what is going on with her.... let us know how he feels about getting a break and we'll try to help you get started.... hugs across the miles to you.....
(1)

I think she needs to be seen by a doctor that is used to geriatric patients. Maybe she needs a CT scan to see if her brain is ok. I mean does she have the beginning of Alzheimer's or are they strokes, or a UTI? Too many questions to know. AND I would suggest a second opinion.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter