Follow

Tuesday my son and I will take my husband to memory care. This is a bittersweet time for us. We are grieving yet joyful and grateful for God's provision. I don't want him to go and I want him to go!!! Your wisdom in this forum have carried me though the joy and anguish. THANK YOU!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Thank you!
(1)

Many thanks to all for your kind comments.
(2)

Hard decisions are right decisions for the right reasons. I wish you well on this new chapter.
(3)

Bless your heart. You're doing what's best not only for him, but for you, too. You deserve to have a life, and you'll have it while still being able to love on him.
(2)

So happy to read that you found this forum helpful! I wish I would have found it back when our elder crises were happening back in 2016, May you receive peace in your hearts on the day he enters MC and into the future. Blessings!
(1)

It is a difficult decision that has to be made in behalf of a loved one. My brother and I just moved our step-mother to MC from AL.

We set her up and followed the home's instructions, no visiting for a few weeks, she has adjusted nicely, made new friends and overall is doing ok.

It is where she needs to be for her safety and overall well-being.

Sending support your way!
(0)

Hard decisions made carefully, with love and thought, are sometimes necessary, even when we as loving caregivers suffer while making them.

You have prayed and thought, and although life will now be different you knew before, you will hopefully, based on his current condition, begin to see glimpses of his old self again, as he responds to the structure of his new lifestyle.

This transition is temporary. He may complain, want to be “home”, be angry at you, be passive and silent, but encourage yourselves with the thought that this is a transition, and he will gradually adjust to his new life.

My mother adjusted within a couple weeks. My present LO took quite a bit longer, but ultimately did well.

Be aware that however he reacts, his placement is most likely harder for you than for him.

Hopes and thoughts that you and your son find peace and comfort for the three of you.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter