Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
OK...
I've found the old site to be intolerably slow on occasion, so far the new site seems to be performing pretty well for me in that regard.

I'm not seeing any weirdness around the avatars, the interface looks very clean and simple to me.

If I open both sites side by side I do notice that the font is bolder in the old site, I can see where that might be a problem on some devices, especially for older eyes.

I imagine most of the people who use AgingCare are over 45 and many are much older than that, so although we have had to embrace technology in order to function in today's world we often can't navigate changes as intuitively as those who've lived with it from the cradle!
(2)

Hi all,
Send, if you scroll all the way to the top while logged in as a member you should see the option to return to classic view, or leave feedback. If you don't see that please let me know what kind of device you are using.

Becky, realizing you are not a "pro" computer user ;-), I'm wondering if you know how to create a screen capture. If so, could you let us know where you are seeing overlapping text? That sounds like a bug that would certainly need to be addressed.

Please email me if you have further feedback and can send me a screenshot. kim.barnett@agingcare.com

The fact that you all are providing constructive feedback is really helpful. Thanks so much -Kim
(1)

I know I ran into some questions and hopefully those will be figured out, posted those on another thread which was started by Aging Care.

The major thing for me with the new format is that you see 4 questions, then you need to go to the arrow to get the next four. After awhile that zipping makes me seasick. But I did find a way around it, but I worry about others who come on who have the same motion sickness issues, won't stay to learn the other way to get to the questions.

Then once again I ran into the issues of paragraphing... had paragraphs in the writing box, but later it was presented all scrunched together :( Since I still had time, I went into EDIT to once again create the paragraphs but it didn't work.... went back to EDIT and tried triple spacing between paragraphs, that didn't work, either.
(1)

How long are we going to be able to use the old site?
(4)

I think it's messy around the avatar. All of that print overlapping is messy and confusing. I'm not a "pro" computer user. I'm not a big time user either, so maybe it's good enough. I agree with the poster who found the print problematic. Also, agree on the slowness of the site.
(2)

Uhm, your polar bear's head is cut off on the old website too, or at least it is on my desktop computer.
(1)

I like the new website.

How does one toggle back and forth? Once there, at the new website, there is nothing to get me back, like "click here to return to the classic website".

Some of my friends are afraid to try it, not only for this reason that I have just mentioned above, but who wants to get their head cut off? Poor Polar Bear. At least, you got all the paragraph spaces you needed!

Aging Care, do we really really NEED to put all the new questions in a box? Each one?
(4)

Hi Polarbear,
I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the new site. I'll report your concern about your profile image. I wanted to point out that a +follow feature does still exist on the new site. We realize it is a very useful feature, so it is still possible to follow all content, authors, and other members by clicking the plus sign. I'll also note your comment regarding the font color. If you would like to increase the size of the font, you can click the circle with Aa inside. That button is located on the page to allow you to choose an increased font size. Thanks for the feedback!
(2)

I think I might like it after I’m adjusted to it. The other way things were set up left a lot to be desired and this will ultimately make my experience better.

I hope some of our members will not have frustrations switching over.
(2)

I will try it three more times, if only to be sure that it really isn't anything like as user-friendly and it isn't just me being a change-averse old scaredy-cat.
(7)

The new thread also seems to have some delays.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter