Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
I've noticed on other forums that some threads/notices are pinned to the top of the page, why can't AC do that? Once again I had to go on a scavenger hunt to find the list of abbreviations for a new poster, what's the point of having it if it isn't easy to find??
(3)

I do not like the "reply to" feature.

It fosters off topic side discussions between posters instead of addressing the
OP. Many disagreeing, starting a fight. I give up and leave the AC website.

It is confusing trying to find the reply when it has popped up on one's news feed.
That is a time waster, I give up and leave the AC website.

Aging Care is a special place, and full of confidential sharing from people's hearts and struggles, while still being a public forum. I am here to help others.
The more the AC website resembles Facebook, the more I want to leave. It is not my intention to walk on eggshells to avoid difference of opinions from people who dislike me, or follow me just to attack or disagree. One can find that on any other website. But trolls or dissenters do not belong in this special place, imo.
(5)

I do not like the reply option on entries made by those that come to this site. I think recently we have been bombarded with comments from either trolls or people that just do not know much about caring for our elderly.

The worst part of this is the people that frequent this site will attack and correct statements made that are either incorrect or from an inexperienced person or even troll. People, do not attack, instead respond to the original post, no reply, without feeding the trolls or correcting their thoughts and opinions. That does nothing but raise ire.
(7)

I get confused with answering the person answering the original question. I answer it, then realize it was 2 weeks ago and no one will see my answer (?)
Am I getting dementia? (lol, I hope)
(1)

Yes, we need more hugs !!
(6)

I agree, Lu! Such a limited choice. And maybe even the ability to upload our own images as hugs!
(6)

The Hugs on the new site are great,but I think we need more to choose from like we used to have on the old site.A Hug that would show being tired or frustrated would be good and maybe one that would express being funny,like the laughing baby there used to be on the old site would be good.We just need more Hugs!
(7)

I've never used the links before but I just tried it and you're right, it does take me to the profile page. I always use a bookmark to get to the forum page or my news feed.
(2)

Why is it that when I click on the News Feed link from the daily email, it always takes me to the Profile page? Then from there I have to click on the News Feed link to get there. Why won't the first link take me directly there if it's labeled News Feed?

Anyone has this same issue?
(2)

One improvement I would like to see on this format under the "Discussion" section is where we can "reply" directly to someone's post like what we have over on the "Question" section.

Sometimes I will read something, then go back later to answer only to find on the faster moving forums such as the whine discussion, is back a page or two. If I answer now, it would just get lost within the other new whine subject matters.

If that software could be added like we have on "Questions", that would be great :)
(5)

Yesterday,the same thing happened on my computer too Send.I thought it was my old computer messing up,but now I know it happened to you too.
(1)

Something is happening on the website. It appears like the ads are flashing, the page reloading, but it won't stop. Cannot tolerate if the ads in the square at the right are rapidly changing, second by second (too rapidly even to read).
Asked hubs, 24 hrs. later he explains that the AC website scripting (java script?)
timing is not executing as it should be.
Should I believe him?
Yesterday he said it was something else.

Hope this is helpful to the website programmers.

Is it just me?? Specific to kindle?
(2)

Madge, thank you for that idea. The thread has been closed to comment. Though that one did come up first in the search.
(1)

Still frustrated that I lost the ability to search at all on my iPad mini

glad,
several months ago I started a thread called helpful products- maybe that would work for the product
(1)

Searches for specific questions are very frustrating. There is no rhyme or reason to results. For example I just searched for questions related to best cell phones. Several pages of hits in no particular order. I just found out about a new phone product that is a watch with a GPS locator. Want to let others know about it but where?

Many often hit results are so old they are not even open to a additional posts any longer.
(3)

Done it! It's under Mental Health - perhaps not the ideal category but I couldn't find another that was general enough.
(3)

D'oh! - why don't we just do it?

I'll start a discussion thread called 'On My Mind' and if the moderators don't like it they can always close it down. Wish me luck..!
(3)

Any chance of bringing back
“what’s on my mind?”
(4)

When I last posted here before Oct 12th, I saw the Recent Activity at the way bottom of scrolling on the Newsfeed. Today, it's right there on the right side page - as the old website pattern. I like that so much better than scrolling to the bottom to find it. I know, old news....
(3)

No spinning here, but happy to see the new main page. It is much more user friendly IMO.
(3)

Logged in out of sheer curiosity.

I'm not sure I've got a bundle. They certainly don't seem to have refreshed anything, not even my memory. And I will now be wondering all day long what the heck a Roaming WAP is and whether I'd like it if I were ever to use it.
(0)

And I wonder why, every single day, I get notifications that some number number s apps have been updated. Every day? And I do not have that many apps on it. 😉
(2)

Timely reminder of why I really should shut up about tech questions.

I have just had a text from my cellphone providers. It says: "Hi. We've refreshed your bundle using your top-up credit. To see your refresh date and allowances, register or login at etc."

I do not have the first idea of what they are talking about or why they are telling me this.
(3)

I've had the spinning cursor a couple of times when I began to make a post but changed my mind, I guess it was waiting for me to finish? If you are logged in automatically you could try logging out to see if that helps.
(1)

LOL, CM!

I will have to deal with it later. It is only the AC site. Must think about getting up, 4am here and mom going day! So.much to do. And only my laptop.

Mom going day? Moving day! 😌
(2)

H'm. Is it doing it on any other websites?

Oh crumbs! - like *I'd* ask me about anything techie! Do you have anyone handy who can give the laptop a cuddle and say 'there there' to it? Give its memory a bath, or feed it some anti-virus linctus, I don't know what you're supposed to do with the wretched little creatures.
(6)

Doesn't happen on anything other than my laptop, running Windows 10. Happens even on a fresh boot, CM. Just very irritating.

Mom going day? Moving day!
(0)

Glad I think this might be your computer/device having a tantrum. Or gearing up for one. You've tried the usual? Quitting your browser, rebooting, threats and menaces..?
(2)

Why does my spinner keep spinning unless my cursor is in a paragraph written by someone. It spins even when cursor is between paragraphs. Very irritating. Anyone else?
(0)

It took about ten minutes to post the Site acting up! The keyboard would go on, then off, then on, in rapid succession. Then my kindle would crash! Frustrating!
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter