Follow

I do realize that this topic may be somewhat different that what is the normal discussion. I had to put mom in assisted living facility. I had gotten laid off from my job since December and by that time mom's two caregivers had quit. So I took the entire responsibility for almost four months. I depleted my savings to help stabilize my mother. Now that I have gotten her placed, I have to try and get back on my feet. This is horrible and I fear I will lose my car. I have tried crowd funding websites and talking to my friends but they are unable to really help. I am asking to all who will, please help me out to get back on my feet. If I lose the car, I will not be able to still visit and carry on business affairs for mom. I really appreciate this. I am constantly looking for job which can take up to six months. I have faith that I will find one sooner. Once again, I am not a lazy person for sure. While I took care of my mother I did three or four jobs, I just did not get paid. I cared more for my mother than I did myself. Caregiving is very demanding on your physical as well as your mental being. I made sure that mother had two hot meals a day. I changed bed linen and made sure she took meds. took her to the doctor, and was her protector. All in all, I provided just about every service they provide at the nursing home. I did all I could for her. Now I need to try and get on my feet again. I do hope and pray you will help me.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter