Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
Roxie,
I was reading backwards and saw your post. It sounds like you have your hands full right now. I know that a wedding should be a joyous occasion, but they are really stressful, too! Is there anyway that you can get a little extra help with your mom so that you can enjoy the wedding? I use Home Instead with my mom. They are expensive and I feel guilty when I have them for anything except work, but sometimes I just have to get away! I, too, have felt like I need counseling, but it is expensive. It is also hard to find a good counselor and the time to get there! The only support group in my town meets during the day, and I work so that doesn't work. Maybe, we could set up a caregiver counseling service at WalMart! That seems to be the place we all get to go! I bet it would be a success! Well, hang in there. Hey, if we put all of our chapters together we would have a best seller. Fiction, of course, because nobody would believe what really goes on in a caregivers life!
Brendalou
(0)

BRENDALOU

Does your mother complain of feeling dizzy-sometimes my husbens blood pressure drops esp. if he has not had enough fluids and he gets spacy. Would medicare cover the cost of a commode so when she is weak you could just transfer her from bed to the commode or would she use a bedpan at times she is weak. I am blessed because I can call 911 to pick my husband up when he falls he is very havey. They have been here over 40 times in the last few years. I so wish I could help you.
(0)

195 Austin
Thank you so much for your concern! I really don't think that it is her blood pressure. It is very controlled. I think it is something neurological. my brother, a doctor, thinks it is her vestibular system (whatever that is). We will take her to a neurologist soon. I, too have had to call 911 even though my mom is not large (120 lbs). Sometimes I just can't get her up. We have a commode, she just doesn't want to use it!

I am so glad that you are getting away to visit with your friends! I try to take a few days each years to get away with some friends. It will do you a world of good. sometimes it is the only time that I feel like a real person! That statistic about caregivers scares me, too! I will be really mad if my mother lives longer thatn me! (lol) Seriously, this is a difficult job that really takes a toll on our bodies and minds. I seem to have a different symptom every day! The doctors just say "You have to reduce the stress!" Of course, no suggestions how.

Have a wonderul time with your friends! Laugh, talk, eat and DO NOT feel guilty for being there. You deserve it.
Brendalou
(0)

Hello Ladies,
Brenda I loved the statement setting up a counseling center at WalMart. What would we do without Walmart these days.
Austin I am so glad you are the point where you can be yourself. I am very glad you can get away with your friends. Have fun!
Brenda, My mom did that a few weeks ago but her potasium (SP) was very low. In fact she was in the hospital for a week over it and had to have IV Potassium (sp). It is too bad your Dr. was sick maybe you could have found out something.

I looked up Support Groups well they are during the day hours when the homemaker is not herea and none of the my family, therefore I can not leave mom alone for very long.
Now mom has places on her inner thighs that looks like burns, but are not. I wondering if she has a spider bite. I sure hope not. I called the Dr and they call in a prescription now I need to look it up. I am just curious as to what it is.

Brenda, I feel the same way about being on cracking ice. You never know what the next day will bring, sometimes the next minute. That is part of the anxiety is not knowing.
I know I should have never said that about my daughter's wedding, but I feel so overwhelmed with something else added on. I am happy for her and will be there always but some days it is just too much. Counseling if it cost anything is too much for us to pay. Boy I am jumping from subject to subject today. Now you can see how my head works.
I think a book would be great it would have to be fiction like you said no one would believe any of it until they are there.
Take Care everyone I love reading your posts it helps me so much.
Have a good day!!
(0)

What you said about your daughter's wedding was just human. You are carrying so much, that even a joyful occasion that is work, is too much. I would venture to say we've all been in that spot more than once. Please don't feel guilty. I'm glad you got it out. We all understand.

Carol
(0)

Roxie
I think your daughter should do the majority of the planning of the wedding- just you getting there is too much to handle-people who aren't have no idea how our time gets shucked up with no control of us. I went to see my husband at the N.H. today and took him lunch and only stayed for a while because I have a good friend in another nursing home that I try to visit twice a week I worked with her years ago and she has five children but only one visits regularly and she is depressed she had a stroke soon after she retired she use to work two jobs take care of her kids and very disabled husband. I'm also trying to rearrange our house and get of a lot of clutter so he can get around the house easier. Hang in there- you are in my mind and heart and I will pray for you. I have been going to counseling for a while we tried couples counseling but it did not work out I never got a chance to talk, my husband just wanted to complain and rolled his wheelchair out the door too many times instead of working on our problems.
(0)

Hi everyone, I liked what was said about the support group at wal-mart. Everytime that I go into wal-mart now I look to see if I can spot the caregivers.
Wow, what a week-end I had. Today is my 50th birthday so Sunday my kids gave me a birthday party at my sons house. Before we even cut the cake Johnny's kids called me and said they had brought him home early so I had to leave the party to come home, only to find that they had let him drink and he passed out about in less than an hour after they brought him home. I was so upset over it. I told them about the test results before they took him but it was like they either didn't hear me or they didn't care. Then this morning we had Tropical Storm Eduord come through, we got alot of rain so when it was over Johnny is out walking around in the mud and water. He tracked all through my house with wet shoes so now my house smells all musty and meldewed. I will have to spend all day tomorrow cleaning. What a birthday. I don't know what to do about them letting him drink. I tell them not to but they don't see any harm in it. What is wrong with people? Don't they understand. I feel like I am talking to a brick wall. I wanted them to spend time with him but now I know that I can't let him go anymore if they continue to let him drink. I guess I am just really really tired.
(0)

Hello Ladies! Wow! it sounds as though everyone has their hands full right now.
Roxie, as I was re-reading the entries, I had a thought. Could the marks on your mom's thighs be pressure sores. My mom had one a couple of years ago, and it looked a lot like a purplish brun. Then it blistered and opened up. Just a thought. I don't think potassium (or sodium) is our culprit. We spent 10 days in the hospital a few years ago for low sodium. So not I keep a pretty close eye on her labs. I don't lnow what is going on. We tried to go out today; she can not get herself in the car any more. I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to do all of the lifting. She had another fall in the bathroom this evening. Things seem to be excelerating.

Austin~ I hope you are getting some rest while your husband is in the nursing home. Will he be able to do any self care when he returns home? Is the counseling helping? I know I probably need to go. Just can't find the time. When is your trip with your old friends? That may do you more good than counseling! (lol)

bwthrs~ I'm so sorry that your birthday was spoiled! It seems that Johnny's kids have no concept of being adult and taking responsibility. No matter what he told them, one would think they would have enough sense not to buy him alcohol. They may be more trouble when they take him than they are worth. I'm sure you are tired! Try to get some rest.

Well ladies, maybe I will see you at the Wal Mart Counseling Center!
Actually, this counseling center seems to help more than anything, thank you all for your care and concern!
Take Care,
Brendalou
(0)

Hi, Roxie. You are not going crazy. You are merely human and being depressed at the challenges you face as a caregiver and only child is only reasonable. I just joined this group today and I care for my 83-year old Mom. About a year ago, I started an online support group for caregivers like you and me. If you, or any other caregiver here is ever interested in joining and sharing your thoughts and support in a place where you will only find support and caring and no judgment, you may e-mail me and request that I send you a Google Blogger system invite to join the private group. Easiest way is to register for a free account with Google, and once you e-mail me and the system sends you an e-mail invitation, you should be able to click on the link that will transport you to the group. I am sorry about all you are having to face. Every minute of downtime helps when one is a caregiver. I have a garden retreat spot in my home and lots of cozy nooks I enjoy. I also treat myself to dinner even once a month. I am not willing to entrust Mom's care to a stranger unless there is absolutely no turning back in terms of her requiring 24/7 nursing care, which I pray will never happen. I would not want to be placed in a nursing home and I sure don't wish to place my Mom in a nursing home either. Sometimes one does not have any other safe or sane alternatives, however. Do you think you may be there? Only you know for sure.
(0)

Hello Ladies,
Thank you for all the support. It really does help!

Brenda- I am so sorry to hear about your mother falling today. That is not easy to handle. I hope you get to see the doc. soon to see what is going on with her.
Has school started yet?

Brwthrs- I am so sorry to hear you birthday was a bust. It sounds like his kids need to do some growing up. They must not understand the terms "He can not drink". If you are like me you think I finally have some time to myself to enjoy then all of sudden something pops up and here we go again. I am really sorry. Can you get some respite care so you can get away for a while?
I do know my mother can work my husband and get him to do things for her that she can do herself. He will tell me but he can not tell her no. He comes to me then I must be the bad guy and tell her she can do that or she cannot eat that because at this time she is on a gluten free diet.
She will sit there and tell me she can not do this or that. I know she can. I do enough talking and she will eventually do it. My mother was never that way before.

Austin-I am glad you are having some time to your self. It sounds like your friend was a very good person and a hard worker. I bet it is very hard on her after being so busy all her life. How is the counseling going for you? Does it seem to work for you? I just do not know when I can get the time to go to counseling? This site seems to help me alot. It is like a counseling session for me.

Sunshinecaregiver- Nice to meet you. I hope I never have to be in a nursing home either or my mother. I worked in one for five years and I know what goes on. I also have a garden area for me to get out, but right now it is too hot here. We are having a heat wave. Please come back to the site and visit.
Take care ladies I will talk more later. It seems I never lack for words or complaints. See ya at Walmart some day.
Take care
(0)

It is finally daylight after another night of fear. Husband screamed, yelled and thrashed around in bed all night. Sat by his side most of the night holding his hand and trying to wake him. He never remembers anything abouth what he has said or done.
This is really aging both of us fast. I try to go over details of the day that might trigger his restless bouts to no avail. Sure wish the doctors would come up with something to help his rest.
(0)

What a long night! It's so hard when they can't remember and can't understand. And then you get no rest. Is it any wonder that caregiving takes such a toll? I, too, hope his doctors can find something to help him sleep, and to help the fear. Have the tried Ativan?

Carol
(0)

To Bettymcshuffler
I 'm so sorry for what you are going through, I so hope the docs can help you.
(0)

I can not imagine going through what you are going through with your husband Betty. I sure hope the doctors find out something quick for your sake and his.
(0)

Hello all,
I'm a newbie and have already posted on 2 other topics. I've been reading all of your comments. I too am in the same situation. I lost my job in November, it was sent to India. 23 years with the same company, shows how much they appreciated my hard work. Since November I have been caring for my father who is 87 and not very healthy along with my brother. We try and take turns and give each other breaks but it is so stressful I'm about to crack.
Dad has dementia, CHF, retains fluid so bad in his legs he can't use them and then it travels to his lungs and he can't breathe. He's diabetic, has had 2 strokes in the past 7 years, 2 back surgeries, and both knees replaced since he turned the ripe age of 75. He's always been a fighter, and when he's had a setback he's bounced right back up again. The past year this is no longer happening. He has been in and out of the hospital and in and out of various nursing homes for short term rehab. We have ended up pulling him out of the homes because his health went downhill instead of them making him better. 2 weeks ago he was in a home for rehab and due to the neglect of the nursing home he was rushed to the ER in an ambulance with CHF again. Everyday I was at the home checking on him, I kept voicing my complaints about his health and they never listened to me. I have now filed a complaint against them with the Dept. of Health. I pray it does some good.
My father is currently in the hospital again with fluid around his heart and in his lungs. He has lost over 25 pounds just in fluid in the past week.
There are only 2 nursing homes left in my area that are reputable homes with good standings. We have tried to get dad in both of them before, and tired again now but they have both denied him. What gives them the right to deny an elderly patient care? Today I wrote a letter to our local news station, the same letter to Hillary Clinton my senator and another to Govenor Paterson about the discrimination nursing homes take part in. Also about the under staffing and neglect that residents suffer.

My dad is so weak right now we would never be able to get him home and in the house on our own. We don't know what to do. Physical therapy at the hosptial isn't even trying to work with him to get him stronger like he was before he went in there. They put in in their records that he was too weak to stand up and thats the end of it. No exercise with his legs at all even when he's laying down. My brother and I go to the hospital and do exercises with him while Medicare is paying this incompetent staff for nothing.

If I had the money and the knowledge, I swear i would start up a union for the Elderly. They have got to start fighting back, or those of us who care for them need to start asking for financial assisstance. I need to find a job, what is going to happen to my father when I am working and can't be there to help if he falls down or has a bad bout with dementia. My brother can't do it alone. Other states have funding for caregivers....NY is not one of them. This should be a law throughout the USA. I can't make a decision to leave my dad and worry about my own survival or stay with him and lose everything I have with no income. I'm a single parent and own my own home. My father luckily lives 4 houses away with my brother. I am frustrated and frightened more then I have ever been in my entire life. I need to stay strong...but i find myself failing miserably as each day brings a new crisis to deal with. At this point I have no idea what is going to happen and where my dad will end up, but it will be over my dead body before he ends up in another butcher house nursing home. After going thru what I have with my father, I would rather die healthy, then have my daughter live through the trauma and heartache that I am living through right now.

Let's form some kind of committee and spread the word. I have started and will continue to send letters to anyone that will listen. We are humans too, and we have earned some kind of support from our government for keeping another human being alive and well taken care of. We use our own expenses, our own time and our prayers to get our loved ones the help they need. And damnit, we do a better job then any nursing home or hospital can do because we know what the person we care for is all about and what they need.
God Bless all of you that are caregivers, we are in this together!
(1)

cindy98989, what a heart wrenching blog you have posted. It clearly summarizes the plight of a caregiver who truly cares. You are so right that no nursing home is capable of providing the TLC to your Dad that you and your brother are able to provide. It is simply assinine that caregivers are forced to make a choice between caring for a loved one versus trying to survive. As I drove to work today, I thought that there ought to be major tax breaks for caregivers who easily spend $3,000 a year on over the counter supplies, and physical comforts for our loved ones. I guess the government would rather have a case load of nursing home residents rather than a community of people who effectively reduce the social case load? God bless you, cindy. My heart goes out to you. Yes, we are in this together and it gets pretty deep. Please try to let go of as much worry as possible. Worry doesn't change anything for us and compromises our health. First, take a deep breath, then take it one day at a time. The long-term care industry is big business and the regulatory entities are asleep at the wheel. Sounds like you are doing your best. Consider talking to a social worker in your area or your area council on aging for additional pointers. Also consider a geriatric physician for your Dad since way too many regular doctors wash their hands when dementia and chronic medical illnesses are involved and the patient is a senior adult. It is a real challenge. The long-term care industry, the government and the healthcare system have all failed caregivers and our loved ones. Your Dad is blessed to have you as his patient advocate.
(0)

Hey Cindy98989 -
I've been there myself. Because I am experiencing many challenges right now please forgive me if I sound brusque. I do care enough to still check this board & respond if someone is really hurting. Remember you that although you have to be NICE to EVERYBODY involved in your dad's care, don't trust anyone to do anything for you. The people who can pull the strings are usually not the social workers unless you find an extraordinary one. Just keep at it and the ones who can help you will see your actions and start to help.

1. The discharge planner at the hospital can tell you why each snf is denying admission - DON's usually scrutinize patients & decide. All you can do is be proactive - ask to read the face sheet that is being faxed to the snfs and have a real talk with the business office at the snf's you are interested in. You may reach an agreement with them if they see that the family will be there & be proactive - ie. help with meals, sitting, bathing, etc....

2. Any grievance you have with a snf has to be documented - take pictures and call your ombudsman....but it will take energy that you need to get yourself & your dad through this. don't burn yourself out doing anything that is not good for you or your dad.....

3. you are lucky that you have your own house & your bro & dad are on the same block. Take anything that pays - use any severance or ui - take care of your dad - know that at some point you will see a solution....you are lucky you have someone you love so much that you are willing to walk through this hell - keep doing it and the good tired people in healthcare will respect you and help in ways that you may not be aware of. Many people in healthcare - CNA's to doctors are caregivers of family members too.

4. if you really want to get involved, start with your own local politics and get known - meet others in your state. but it has to be constant, pleasant, networking - I would give my left arm to see a million caregiver march - but we are all busy being invisible taking care of our loved ones.

You are heroic - awesome and can do it, your dad is one lucky guy.
(0)

Cat's words "but we are all busy being invisible taking care of our loved ones" explain so much. She is obviously living proof of that.

I was doing this 25 years ago, and it was just expected that there was no help at all. When I had 7 elders depending on me, plus a son with disabilities, still no one thought I was "working." On and on and on.

It has, believe it or not, gotten better. But there is so much farther to go. Cat's advice to be pleasant is good, as most of these people are family members and some can put themselves in your position. That said, they are very busy, so you must be very proactive, and very visible. You have to choose, as Cat said, where to put your energy.

If you can get known on the political front, locally, that is awesome. I will continue my push. You all will continue yours. We will each make a difference in our own ways.
Carol
(0)

Hello Friends,
Today I need a shoulder to cry on! It has been one of THOSE days. My mother fell three times. The last time I had to call my brother to help me pick her up. His advice was the "YOU need to put her in a nursing home." Lost of help. We saw a new neurologist today. He is testing her for normal pressure hydrocephalus. It is a four day test that requiresa spinal tap and going to the hospital every day for scans. Easier said than done:) Since I can hardly transfer her in and out of the car! Then she says I made her hurt her ankle when I was trying to lift her off the floor. I pulled something in my back and can hardly stand up. Yet I will have to lift her in and out of the wheel chair and into the bed tonight. And of course, my brother is off for a week to take care of his grandkids- leaving tomorrow. How about helping his sister with his mother? Yeah, good luck. Anyway, today life sucks. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Ha! Ha!
(0)

brenda sorry to hear about your mother, do you have one of those belts you can put around her waist? like they use in the nursing homes. it gives you something to hold on to if not maybe try another kinda belt,you can get them at a home health care store. it may help. we all need a shoulder sometimes or maybe just a good cry that helps too.the best thing though is to laugh at the situtation if you can i have to pick up my dad sometimes if some one was looking in the window they would laugh, im 4 10 and he is 6 2 when he could stand upright it must be a sight haha. hopefully that makes you laugh, picture him with his hands on what ever is closest and me trying to pick up his back end like a downed horse. makes me laugh just liking about it, some time i just want to leave him there on the floor, but then i remember his is a human being all be it not a very nice one. but still.I find that when i feel life suck i play the it could be" worse game" try to think of thing that could be worse. or the Id rather game, i have to keep my mind busy when i have to listen to my dad ramble on about stupid shit that makes no sence or talks like it 1960 something, drives me nuts. some times i forget which one of us is the crazy one. mia
(0)

Brendalou, what a rough day you have had! Your brother sounds like he is oversimplifying the whole situation perhaps because he feels he has nothing to give? Being a caregiver has reinforced for me that if I am a caregiver, I better not have any expectations in terms of what others ought to or should be doing to be supportive. Once last year and once this year so far, I have pulled my back. I suspect that I have done so trying to help Mom get out of our sofa. If your Mom's repeated falls start to pose a direct threat to her safety, you may need to explore additional caregiving resources to help her and you as well. I, personally dread such a day and I sure hope your Mom's doctor will be able to find and pursue successful treatment options. Please let me know how your Mom is doing. It is very frustrating, and you are not alone. Hope your back sprain heals soon. Be careful of reinjury!
(0)

Brendalou, I am so sorry you had such a rough day. :( Do you have a belt like miak mentioned? I have one for my mother, but so far we have not needed it. She is ony 80 pounds and lifting her is not easy at all when she falls.
I am sorry your brother will not be able to help in the next few weeks when the time is the roughest for you. It seems that when things start going bad it like the saying "When it rains it pours".
I hope the new doc can figure out your mother's problems and give you help.
I sure hope your back gets better. If you are like me you can not afford to be sick one day. You will probably need to see a doctor to make sure everythng is ok with you and maybe get some physical therapy for your back. You have to make sure you are strong not only physically but mentally also. My prayers are with you.
Do you have transportation nearby that will come to your home that has wheelchair access? They could transport you and your mother to the hospital instead of you trying to lift her in and out of the car. This way you lift her only to the wheelchair.
Let us know how everything goes.
Do you have neighbors that can help? I do not they are all seniors theirselves in fact I watch and make sure they do not fall outside.
(0)

Hey Brenda, I'm so sorry to hear what is happening with your mother. It is so hard on you, Its a shame what we have to go through with other family members (your brother, my nieces and nephew). All we want is just a little help and they act like they have just worked themselves to death just doing the least little thing. If they could just put theirself in our shoes for just one week they might understand. I sure hope that your back feels better soon. I wish I had some great wisdom to give to you but I don't so I will just be here to listen. Sometimes that helps more than anything else. Maybe the test that they are running will come up with the cause of her falling.
Anyway, we are all here for you.
bwthrs
(0)

Thank you all for your kind words and support! What a hard job we all have. I have decided to call her primary care dr tomorrow and ask him to admit her to the hospital. During her last fall she hurt her ankle (maybe fractured it) and can put no weight on it. It will be best for her to be in the hospital to check that and to have the 4 day test run. While she is there I will be looking at the skilled nursing facilities locally. Then depending on the test results, I guss we will look at short term placement to try and get her back on her feet (literally) and for me to try and regain my sanity. I absolutely hate doing that but I am afraid that I will end up in the hospital with a heart attack (chest pains tonight) or a nervous breakdown if I don't. I feel like people with think I am abandoning her, but I just don't know what else to do. I have to go back to work next week and her caregivers simply can't physically handle her. You know there is so much to be said about going to bed one night and never waking up. I think all of the modern medical advances just keeps people alive with no quality of life. My dog has better quality of life than my mother, and if the dog was suffering with no hope I could have her put to sleep. We wouldn't let an animal suffer the way many humans do. What does that say about our society? Again, thank you all for being there. I don't know what I would do without this group.
(0)

Hey Brendalou -
I am really concerned about you.....is it possible for you to see a doctor & have a FULL checkup? Regardless of what your brother / rels think, if you are in distress they are going to have to pitch in while you get better. If you have chest pains, please don't wait - go to the ER. Better safe than sorry.

take care & be well
(0)

Brendalou, you are not abandoning her, no matter what others think and say. They are not doing what you are doing, and they don't have a clue about any of it. You are doing the best for your mother, if you get her into 24 hour care. You will still be her caregiver - you'll just finally have help!

I agree so much with what you said about animals and quality of life. We won't let an animal suffer the way many humans do. Your mom will be more comfortable with many caregivers and people to help.

And you need to get a checkup and see if you need medication. Likely, stress is the root of your problems, but you many need medical help, too. Just think of how your mom would feel if you were the one go not wake up?

Please get checked out physically, and mentally if necessary. And get your mom into a care situation where you can still check on her and be her advocate, but you won't have the stress of super-human duty.

Carol
(0)

Brendalou, Please see a physician about your chest pains! You need rest. By putting your mother in a nursing home for short term is not abandoning her. It is just giving you a break so you can be a better caregiver to her. If you are not in top shape you will not be able to take good care of your mother. So take this time to rest and see a physician about yourself. Do not feel guilty Pleaseeee.
Right now you do not need to care about what others say. You need to take care of yourself.
The others are not in your shoes honey or your mothers. When they are there they have the right to say something. At this time they do not. So listen to your body and take time for yourself.
(0)

DEAR BL IF YOUR CAR BROKE YOU WOULD TAKE IT TO A MECHINIC BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH CARS , IF YOU HAD A PLUMBING ISSUE YOU WOULD CALL A PLUMBER RIGHT BECASUE THEY KHOW HOW TO DO PLUMBING NOBODY WOULD SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THAT JUST AS IF YOUR MOTHER NEEDS HELP WITH ISSUES THAT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO HANDLE THEN YOU SHOULD GET HER THE HELP THAT SHE NEEDS NO GUILT INVOLVED. YOU MAY THINK PEOPLE WOULD SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT PUTTING MOTHER IN A NURSONG HOME BUT IN TRUTH THEY MAY SAY WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG YOU HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND , WE ALWAYS THINK NEGATIVE THOUGHT, WE MUST TRY HARD TO THINK POSITIVE YES. HOPE THIS HELP YOU AND ALL THE LADYS AND GUYS. WE MUST HEAR THE POSITIVE VOICES NOT JUST THE NEGATIVE . HAVE A GREAT DAY MIA
(0)

Brenda, this is the one with the back that cannot lift over 10 pounds. With Medicare they have been sending a case worker, then a nurse, and two kinds of theropy workers. You don't have to do this alone. If you over do your self, who will she have?

You have to care for yourself also!!! It is hard to think about helping yourself once you get in the routine of caring for someone else, but YOU HAVE TO DO IT!

Love ya,
Susan
(0)

I am so overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from the wonderful people in this group! I know that there are hard decisions to make, and I am trying to get advice from some experts. Today my mother added a serious hand tremor to her problems. It seems that things are progressing quickly. I am waiting to hear from her internist. He usually has the best insight into her condition. My brother told me it was a good idea to put her in a SNF unit and I should go ahead and do it after she finishes the test. Coincidently, he will be out of town! There is no way I will do that without him here. We are both going to make the decision and the placement.

I did recently have my physical. Everything was fine; the doctor just said to reduce my stress (lol). I have out of town company coming tomorrow, so I will just ride this out for a few days. We'll see. Again, than you all for your love and support. I hope that I can repay this kindness when you need it, too.
Brenda
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter