Follow

Good heavens, why the tiny print on food packages with everything else shown LARGE.

I hate to cook, so I pretty much grab a frozen dinner, and a magnifying glass. In the past, I remember the directions were always written on the back of the packages, easy to view. Not any more because the Nutrition panel takes up space.

Eventually I find the directions on the side of the box, usually white lettering with a dark background making it even more difficult to read. Time to drag out the flashlight, too.

Come on Marketing People, us Seniors also eat !!

Any other packaging issues that one has found not as easy as it was years ago?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
My previous washing machine had small print on the control panel because of all the computer buttons to push. I remember seeing one at the appliance store that looked like an airplane cockpit there was so much stuff going on the panel.

I recently bought an easy to use Speed Queen which has the old fashion knobs for easy use, and a button to turn it on. My gosh it is soooo easy to use. No need to get out the instruction book [small print].
(0)

Wow, FF, do I ever agree with this one. My right eye, after a vitreous separation with scarring, sees very little and the left one is 80 years old. I can't even do the small print with a magnifying glass at this point, and I kind of suspect that it is folks approaching my age who have both the time and the inclination (need?) TO be able to read that small print, about sodium levels, about sugars, about just about anything.
(2)

I cheat a little on this. I google the name of the product and then go to a website that sells it & enlarge the photo of the item to read the directions.
(3)

I think it has more to do with our aging eyes than a change in marketing FF🤣
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter