Follow

I was wondering if someone could help me out with some info. My parents never planned for the future, so they never put into retirement or took out any insurance and now they have nothing. They have their basic Medicare insurance but that's it. What's worse is that they don't think they need any kind of plan! I know it's going to fall on my shoulders to care for them if something should happen as far as illness or death. What can I do to prepare so that I don't take a huge financial hit when something does happen? Can I take out life insurance or long-term care insurance for them? Can I do it without them knowing about it as long as everything is in their name? Help please! It's hard to see your parents make such horrible decisions and not be able to do anything about it. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I believe you can take out life insurance if they are relatively healthy but it will be expensive. You may want to try a group like AARP. It's amazing how many people don't plan. I hope you can talk them into getting a Power Of Attorney made out and a health directive. It sounds like classic denial. Good luck.
Carol
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter