Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
2 3 4 5 6
There's a very touching video of a husband/wife. Husband has Alzheimer and one day he disappears. Wife calls the police and found him. I had tears at the end of the video. Wife needs to treasure this rare moment. It's posted on Sun Gazing's FaceBook.

Google: Sun Gazing - Police found this man with Alzheimer's. What he was doing will....
(0)

Just asked my boyfriend how to spell geri-psych
He replied "Who's Gerry?"
LOL made me think of the old telephone jokes-
"Telephone for Gerry Psych, is there a Gerry Psych here?"
(1)

I couldn't help laughing on this - a post on my FaceBook...

GET OUT OF THE CAR!
(supposedly a true account recorded in the Police log of Sarasota, Florida)

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping &, upon returning to her car, found 4 males in the act of leaving with her vehicle.
She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!"
The 4 men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out & ran like mad.
The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car & got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get the key into the ignition.
She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a frisbee and 2 12-packs of beer in the front seat.
A few minutes later, she found her own car parked 4 or 5 spaces farther down.
She loaded her bags into the car & drove to the police station to report her mistake.
The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing.
He pointed to the other end of the counter, where 4 pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.
No charges were filed.
Moral of the story?
If you're going to have a senior moment ... make it memorable.
(5)

I have always hesitated when looking through the snacks at Asian stores. This YouTube video got me laughing... And wanting to try the ones that they liked.

Google:
Eh Bee Asian Snack Challenge.
(0)

Capricorn here, maybe I'll forget when the dementia kicks in
(0)

Scorpio, not at all surprising!
(0)

Saw this on Facebook...

How Long can your sign hold a grudge?
Aries: 24 Hours tops
Taurus: Until they die. ... Maybe not even then.
Gemini: Give it 30 seconds
Cancer: Years
Leo: Until the end of time
Virgo: Couple of months
Libra: 0.02 seconds unless you really messed up
Scorpio: All of eternity
Sagittarius: Two days
Capricorn: Don't even bother apologizing
Aquarius: a year
Pisces: 2 months maybe
(4)

My math is bad but not that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2)

Sometimes you just can't reason with people when they're wrong.. and they win by getting actions done against you.

Google:
Penny Hayes: Argument Over Basic Math In Facebook Yard Sale Group Goes Viral, Gets Woman Kicked Out

Penny Hayes is giving 2 prices for her soap products - by individual costs or by case.

An Excerpt:
Rachel Penney = Umm i think uve got ur math wrong mam. $12 for a case of 48 makes them $4 each and ur post says there $.35. Just curiouss if that's a misprint.

Penny Hayes = Umm...12 divide 48 = .25 which means that a case of 48 would be .25 cents each by the case...if u want them individually they are .35 cents each...so u are getting a small deal by buying a whole case...thanks for ur concern with my math...but I'm a very intelligent individual! =)

Rachel Penney = I'm not rude but ur math is horribly wrong. It 48 divided by 12 which is $4 each. And all is only around $4 for 96 loads in the store. Its just not cool to rip ppl off.

{conversation continues}

Penny Hayes = Try it this way... if u have 48 bottles and they are .25 cents each then that equals $12... 48x.25=12

Rachel Penney = No my math is right and ur just tryin to rip ppl off. U should try not bein a scam and. I'm reporting u to the admin as well as advising ppl on several sites not to buy from u.

{more conversation}

Christi Morgan = Ok I'm the administrator here. If you have 48 bottles in a case. You divide that by $12 which is what you are asking for the case. That's $4 a bottle. You are taking advantage of people. So, I'll be deleting this post as soon s you've had time to read it and then you will be deleted from this group.

{conversation continues}
(2)

I grew up in WV. There was a mountain near us people called "Big Ugly". If you lived in that area folks would say, They live over at big Ugly. True story: A woman murdered her husband. The Charleston Daily Mail ran the headline: Big Ugly Woman Kills Husband........
(8)

GardenArtist, I'm constantly struggling with depression. Before I had Facebook, I came here and posted funnies to help get me out of my funk. And touching stories to see that there are some 'good' in the world. I come back and reread or rewatch the YouTube videos to uplift myself.
(0)

Just discovered this thread and will take some time later to read it through, but just wanted to offer a few suggestions:

a. Watch a few survival shows. They're artificial, scripted, and frequently so lacking in common sense and real survival modes that they're more comical than informative (although there have been a few in which some real knowledge has been demonstrated).

However, if they want to be in real survival situations, all they have to do is go to Syria, Nepal, or any other country in the midst of war, strife or natural disaster.

b. I think I have a Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul book in a section of my personal library that I haven't checked in a long time. Sometimes those real life stories are so emotional they're heartening.
(1)

Comedian Mark Lowery humorously tells about his motorcycle incident. I was laughing so hard.... as he said.. you know how your mother tells you to always wear clean underwear....

Google: Mark Lowry cut off my britches

----------------------------------------
It's amazing how this magician was able to turn the plastic easter egg into a chick..and fooled these 2 women.... Well, it took him a while to persuade the first lady who was so sceptical.

Google: Magic clerk Easter Chick.
(1)

Confessions of a Cop from Reader's Digest.
Title: I Love Calls About Wild Animals.
We once got a call that 2 men - one in boxers, the other in a Speedo - were bothering some peacocks. Now, I have experience with big birds, so I suspected this would be a self-correcting issue. Sure enough, a new call came in: "Two naked males being attacked and chased by feral birds."
(2)

Yep Book fix dem brakes.
(0)

The above humor was sent to us by our New Zealand client. I was reading it today at work and had a difficult time giggling without making noise. I thought of sharing it with you - in case you need a little laughter today.
(1)

One dark night in the small town of Woopwoop, W.A, a fire started
Inside the local sausage factory. In a blink the building was engulfed in flames. The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around.

When the first volunteer fire fighters appeared on the scene, the sausage company president rushed to the fire chief and said, 'All of our secret sausage recipes are in the vault in the center of the plant. They have to be saved, so I will donate $50,000 to the fire company that brings them out and delivers them to me.'

But the roaring flames held the firefighters off Soon more fire departments had to be called in because the situation became desperate. As the firemen arrived, the president shouted out that the offer to extricate the secret recipes was now $100,000 to the fire department that could save them.

Suddenly from up the road, a lone siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight. It was the fire engine of the nearby Baringa volunteer fire department composed mainly of Aboriginal firefighters over the age of 65.

To everyone's amazement, the little run-down fire engine, operated by these Aboriginal firefighters, passed the fire engines parked outside the plant, and drove straight into the middle of the inferno. Outside, the other firemen watched in amazement as the Aboriginal old timers jumped off and began to fight the fire as if they were fighting to save their own lives.. Within a short time, the Baringa old timers had extinguished the fire and saved the secret recipes.

The grateful sausage company president joyfully announced that for such a superhuman accomplishment he was raising the reward to $200,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave elderly Aboriginal firefighters.

A TV news crew rushed in after capturing the event on film. The 'on camera' reporter asked the Aboriginal fire chief, 'What are you going to do with all that money?'

'Well,' said Chief Billy Cokebottle, the 70-year-old fire chief, 'de first ting we gonnna do is fix dem brakes on dat f*rkin old truck, eh!"
(3)

I rarely laugh that hard. When I do, it's very difficult to stop. Kind of scary, to be laughing uncontrollably and struggling to try to breathe in. What little air I breathed in, immediately went out from the laughing. Even 30 minutes after, my upper chest was still hurting. After watching more of Andy's videos, I just felt so sorry for him to be consistently picked to be the butt of Ellen's pranks. I didn't want to watch anymore of the other videos. Kind of reminded me of our old brothers pranks when we were growing up. After a while, it wasn't funny anymore.
(1)

Have to be careful about laughing too hard these days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(1)

A friend recommended that I watch this YouTube. At first, I thought it was so-so. The longer I watched, the more I started laughing. OMGoodness! I was laughing so hard and heartily - continuously - I couldn't breathe in! I started choking because I was laughing too much and couldn't breathe in air. Despite my upper chest hurting from the laughter and no air, I kept on laughing hard, until tears appeared. I forgot - that I can hit the pause button so that I can breathe again.

Ellen show: if you google... Andy and Amy's Haunted House
youtube/watch?v=ZXZ6K21wvZM&feature=youtu.be

They also got another one: Andy and Amy's Haunted Ship Adventure.
youtube/watch?v=3RLTanW1DGo
(1)

This from the February Reader's Digest....

"I was visiting my mother one day, when she passed the candy dish full of chocolates and took one for herself.

"I thought your doctor told you to stop eating candy," I said.

"Oh, I don't have to listen to him anymore," she said.

"Why not?"

"He died."
(4)

They evacuated 500,000 people from lower manhattan by boats in 9 hours!
(0)

One more... I was on leave when 9/11 happened. I was able to watch the whole thing in the news, glued to the TV for hours. Since then, I've seen videos and shows about the airplane, the world trade center, and pentagon. I've seen the documentary from the firemen's point of view. The emergency workers viewpoint. This youtube below is now from the ships' viewpoint of it. I hope you all take the time to watch it. It really touched my heart. And made the hairs on my hand stand up. Such selfless people on this day of 9/11.

Google: BOATLIFT, An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience - YouTube

youtube/embed/MDOrzF7B2Kg?rel=0
(0)

This video was forwarded to me by an online friend. I was torn between laughing and worried that these elderly people would get hurt.

Google: dropbox why seniors break their hips

dropbox/s/xemj9ot3822duy5/WhySeniorsBreakTheirHips.wmv
(0)

my kid just introduced me to a comedian on youtube called the amazing racist i believe . ive got to check it out further . (my pc blew up a couple days ago ) .
at any rate , what little i saw of this fellows comedy bout tore me up . he was trying to offer free boat rides to africa to african americans on this clearly decrepit boat . i haveta go to work right now but you guys should check him out . his assistant was trying to entice passersby up the gangplank with watermellon , fried chicken , etc . there was nothing racist about his work , hes just busted the barrier thats been pissing me off for 30 yrs , the one that tells us what is and isnt funny .. political correctness i believe it was called ..
jake sez in another skit he picks up a load of mexicans at home depot to do construction work for him then hauls them straight across the street to an INS office . most of it is probably staged by actors of all races . cant wait to check it out further myself ..

good day everyone ..
(0)

Today is the first day I will be manning the office all by myself while my bosses are on vacation. So, I came home sooooo tired - mentally and physically tired. I cannot even think to post answers here. And too tired to read so much sufferings - too tired to guard my emotions.

So, I decided to re-watch some of my favorite Youtube videos. The first one I watched was the "katy perry Roar Lakewood competition" video. I'm just so fascinated as I watch this. Our schools are really small. I watch this video and in awe with all the extra curriculum clubs and sports. Badminton, cross country, basket ball, soccer, debate, frisbee, volleyball, looks like a foreign language class, tennis, gymnastic, drama, golf, bridge, football, swimming team (?) or canoeing (?) team.... All I can say is that the first time I saw those guys in their swimming wear, my eyes widened. I wondered why they were allowed to be videoed without clothes on. Only after maybe the 4th or 5th time, I finally realized - swimming team! {rolling my eyes} I'm just so fascinated that this school must have lots of money to support all these different clubs/sports. Amazing.

ROAR - LAKEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL

vimeo/75058173
-------------------
Then I went to my other favorite video. I guess because I'm feeling so tired, my guard was down. As I watched this video, I was smiling, laughing, felt so sad about the very sad young boy who looked soooo miserable - and that picture did a flashback of my memories of my 10 year old niece. She looked sooo much like him. Soooo miserable. I started crying as I watched this video. My niece was not a survivor. Now I know not to watch this video when I'm so tired.

Google: BRAVE – University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital

metro.us/newyork/news/national/2013/10/09/video-kids-and-staffers-at-childrens-hospital-sing-brave-to-honor-cancer-survivors/
(1)

Have you seen the Dove's Real Beauty Sketches commercial? I don't ever recall seeing this on TV. As I watched it, I couldn't help thinking, "Wouldn't this be great if our caregiver's meeting brought him as a guest sketcher?" I would love to see in paper what I think of my face versus another person's viewpoint. One woman was so touched, that when I saw tears in her eyes, I felt tears in mine.

Google: Dove's Beauty Sketches.
youtube/watch?v=XpaOjMXyJGk

===================================

Because the above made me feel so sad, I decided to close this day with a positive one.....

A Reddit user posted a photo of a poignant message that she found taped to the stall in a women's restroom at her university.

The user, chellylauren, wrote: "In a girls' bathroom stall at my university, girls have written about some of their most horrifying life experiences. This week, somebody replied."

The reply, written on notebook paper, is anonymous.

The reply in full:

To the girl who was raped: You are so strong. I cannot fathom the pain you must have gone through. The fact that you have the bravery to write it (even on a bathroom wall) gives me hope.

To the girl with eating disorders: I promise you, although I don't know you, you are beautiful, you deserve your health. You deserve freedom from that hell.
To the girl with the alcoholic father: I am so sorry for the agony it must cause. Again, such courage is remarkable you must be such a strong person to see such pain.

To the girl whose father died: Missing them never goes away. The ache of their absence never goes away. But the love they had, the memories you share surely must last. I am sure, out of the bottom of my heart, the people who have left you in this world are exceptionally proud of the person you are.

Everytime I see these walls, these confessions, I feel so blessed to know I have the priviledge of seeing them. Your moments, these secrets, are all precious even though they are sad. To all of you (including those I did not mention, and those who have not yet written)

- You are worthy.
- You are strong.
- You are brave.
- You are loved
- Somebody cares

Written below that, somebody penned a quick response: "To the person who wrote this, thank you."
(4)

Book, that speech brought tears to my eyes, a few chuckles, chewing tobacco and tractors?!
(0)

You can google: "The most touching speech made by the bride's father to the groom."

or the link:
youtube/watch?v=eqEkPjUbmIA

Captain, my older sis said that she laughed so hard. She needed it because she's drowning financially and now her health is being affected and she has no money to deal with it. Thanks, Captain!
(0)

I love Chris Rock hes very funny!! Hes big here in Ireland!
(0)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter