Follow

My wife has moderate Alz. She was diagnosed with agressive breast cancer. I'm confused as to radiation and chemo which will make her sick or

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
ng9996, The Alzheimer's is going to throw a wrench for sure into your wife's options isn't it. I don't know about radiation, but my friend has gone through this breast cancer thing. She had a mastectomy, then chemo for 4 months or something. I vowed at the time she was diagnosed, to go through every step with her. She's been my friend for 39 years now, and as far as anyone knows, cancer free. The chemo was as bad as you've probably already heard, but the drug she's taking now for the next 3 of the 5years is worse. It's supposed to coat the estrogen her body makes so that the cancer can't eat it. Anyway she's here and she's cancer free, so hopefully we'll have another 39 years of friendship. God only knows.
(0)

Norm: on the CANCER.org website there are several articles that you can review, print out and then discuss with your wife's (Alzheimer's) doctor. Or her oncologist (breast cancer doctor).

You can learn more about the risks and the side effects on this website and be prepared with the questions you have.

God Bless.
(0)

Norm--I would contact the Alzheimer's Association chapter near you with this---as one could possibly make her dementia even worse---the helpline # is also available 24/7 and the # is (800) 421-0008. It must be difficult-but you will get thru all this. Why not let us know in this forum who things are progressing.
Best,
Hap
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter