Follow

I'm tired of cooking/preparing 3 meals a day. It's just the two of us but boy oh boy can that woman eat!! She stays slimish, I get fattish. It's bad enough I do everything here much less start making her one thing and me the other. At times I feel guilty when I buy her fast food cuz of the nutritional value....not to mention I eat it too.

1 2 3 4 5
Bridger,

I am sure that your dad will enjoy being with you at Thanksgiving.

I am glad that all of you will be together.
(0)

Need, He wants to be home for Thanksgiving.
(1)

Bridger,

That’s great to hear!

I bet that your dad misses your fabulous cooking! He has probably been dreaming about your cake!
(1)

Bridger, so happy that your patients are on the mend!!
(3)

My husband is feeling much better. He needs to have another negative test. Youngest son still in the hospital but better. He should get to come home tomorrow evening or on Wednesday.
My older son and I still have not had a positive test. I’m not complaining. My dad says he is coming home on Thursday morning. He says he’s not worried about Covid. We’ll see...
(5)

Good luck, Barb, with reinventing your recipes.

I am not happy with Albertans as our covid numbers are disgraceful and rising Public health will make some kind of announcement tomorrow, I gather. I feel justified in my hermit position, not that I like it, and not that it doesn't have it's challenges, but it does greatly decrease the chance of me getting and passing on that virus. I know not everyone can isolate as much even if they wanted to.
(1)

Barb,

Add celery and green peppers to the onion and you will be cooking New Orleans style with our ‘Trinity’ seasoning.

Adding garlic kicks it up another notch.😊
(0)

Thanks so much to all of you for responding to my diet woes. There is nothing I cook that doesn't start with smashing a couple of cloves of garlic with a cleaver and chopping up an onion. Again, thanks, all. Happy Thanksgiving!
(4)

Barb,

Elimination diets are a pain!

I hope you feel better soon.
(0)

Barb, how are you doing today? I did some research and found some foods that would be beneficial to you for gastritis. Yogurt, carrot juice, honey, oatmeal, green leafy vegetables. I buy 100% carrot juice at the local market.

Bee honey 2 tbsp. to warm water daily on an empty stomach. Acidity should decrease and stomach wall will heal naturally.
Oatmeal with honey

Hope this help and you get better soon.
(1)

Oh Barb ((((((hugs))))) eating too many tomatoes again eh? 😉 Kidding aside, wishing you the best I think I had a bit of that and changing for a few weeks to vegetables only has really helped. My IBS disappeared too. Meat is hard on the stomach. It was easier to give up meat than to give up coffee and chocolate and carbonated drinks - just my private solution.

bridger - (((((((hugs))))) and prayers for your son. It must be so distressing for you to see him so very ill. Glad hubbie is back home and starting to recover. Sounds like it will take time,
(2)

Barb, oh no! Best wishes for you to improve quickly!
(0)

Bridger, my best wishes for improving health for both your men.
(0)

Barb,
Almost there, I would just have to give up coffee and chocolate to join you on that diet.

Turkey is allowed, so is sweet potato.
Eating small portions is best.

Are you aware of the benefits of Miso soup?
Check it out.

And feel better soon!
(2)

Barb, I'm sorry to learn about your gastritis DX, and limited diet.  So I was thinking of:

1.    What you can do, and can eat:  Peas, beans, rice, pasta, meats, oranges, tangerines, apples, spinach (for iron), lettuce and other leafy veggies, chicken soup, fruit pies... that's really a lot when you think about it, so you can still have turkey and dressing if you want (minus the onions).   And

2.   Watch operas!   Lots and lots of operas!   Opera every day!

Hope you feel better and find good solutions and combinations for your new diet.
(2)

Sounds like a starvation diet Barb :(
Hope you feel better soon.
(0)

Sorry to hear about your gastritis. Hope you feel better real soon, Barb. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your son.
(0)

Due to a gastritis dx, I am on a diet free from tomatos, garlic, onions, carbonated beverages, caffeine, spicy food, chocolate and alcohol for a month.
(7)

Goodnight all, I am really tired. I am going to bed early. I bet I will fall asleep in five minutes!
(4)

Bridger, sending prayers and good thoughs for your son's quick and complete recovery.
(3)

EB,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of the forum!

I am keeping it very simple. Hubby, oldest daughter and myself.
Whole Foods is cooking this year! LOL

Taking a break. I hosted Thanksgiving at my house for a bazillion years!
(3)

Bridger,

I wish you didn’t have to see your husband and son suffer.
(2)

My husband is home. Better than when he went to hospital but still sick. He has lost 15 lbs. Looks pale and thin. I went to the hospital to check on my son. He’s very sick. On highest volume oxygen. His doctor is trying to keep him off ventilator. His brother is spending the night in the waiting room. It’s truly scary to see your child struggling to breathe. He has always been so healthy - distance runner. Now so sick. Of course, they won’t let anyone in his room. There are no ICU rooms available. He’s in an adapted room. They seem to have plenty of staff.
(7)

Bridger, thanks for sharing the good news update on your husband.
(1)

Bridge, glad to hear DH is doing better. Hope your son and dad are recovering well. Thanks for the update.
(1)

NeedHelp,I am glad your daughters test came back fine. Blessings wished for you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving.
(3)

Send,

Thank God, she tested negative! She did the rapid test which isn’t as accurate as the other one.

She says it must be a bug or something. She went home from work yesterday and slept all day.

Oh, it’s a beautiful day her. Weather is perfect, not hot or cold. I have to do some grocery shopping in a bit. Then just relax.
(5)

ThNks Send
(1)

Good Morning NHWM.
What does your Saturday look like?
Have you heard about your daughter's health yet?

Bridger, Baby steps! Hoping the day is here soon that everyone in your family is Covid-free and well.
(1)

So glad to hear, Bridger. Hope the other patients are doing well also!
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter