Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I mean fly out OVER the audience's heads! Sheesh! Talk about outer space haha!
(2)

Veronica - you mean Wizard of Oz? Those flying monkeys are terrifying! You'd better not go see the musical because I've heard they fly out of the audience's heads!
(1)

Dee I am sure it was something from outer space come to steal Hope's DNA.
I was scared so badly watching the yellow brick road or whatever it was called at age 4 I still haven't watched it.
(3)

Hoooooope...are you SURE it was the cats? Mwuahahahaha! I would've taken all the dogs with me to check it out LOL!
(1)

Oh Dee..I totally have had dreams like that...and I have had things happen that I'm not so sure were dreams ... eeeeeek.....one funny thing that happened to me just last week.....remember the movie Poltergeist? That always kind of creeped me out when the closet had those demons in there...and those wacky lights...anyway last week I woke up during the night as I do all the time anyway and there was this odd light in the hall, changing colors and it just kept going...I am thinking...ok, I am dreaming right:??? it just kept going so I got up and threw on the light..at first I could not find it, but somewhere in the midst of my cleaning out the attic I had knocked this Easter rabbit over and the cats apparently had chewed the little cord turn on switch to where it would not turn off and it was that rabbit..haha....
(1)

Oh, Hope! I would've passed out! I hate those movies. I still can't watch them. Ever have a dream that you swear to this day is real? When I was a kid I used to reach around and flip the light switch on the wall on before I'd go into a room. Once I swear something incredibly strong and hairy grabbed my hand and tried to pull me in - I couldn't scream - finally it let me go. I really felt that was real but no one believed me - they all laugh at me to this day when I bring it up. I'm one of 7 kids, smack dab in the middle, only one sister 10 years younger. Those brothers really gave me a hard time growing up - but I reciprocated as much as I could =).
(1)

One funny thing I will share since we were talking about those kinds of movies...I am not a scary person...My life has had enough horror situations in it to be fearful of most things on the tube..BUT back when Halloween came out in 1979 my college roommates and I went to see it. Scariest movie I ever saw....I was afraid of my own shadow for months after that one. It was one of those very suspenseful movies on top of that so that made it all the more frightening...but there is a scene in it when the evil person in the movie shows up at the top of the stairs wearing a sheet over his head and the soon to be victim thinks it is her boyfriend ...well, a couple of days after that, I had gone to bed early that night and my roommates thought it would be funny to put a sheet over one of their heads and stand there in front of my bed and wake me up...and brother did I wake up...I immediately began my blood curdling screaming and I think I almost had a heart attack that night because I was convulsing and throwing up and fighting them...they quickly saw they probably should not have done that....it is funny now but I have never been so scared in my life...and it took a while to get past it....eek
(0)

Dee, I don't know, I guess since I watched them as a kid it just reminds me of being safe and everyone being home and together again...Now I'm with Captain about the blood and gore for the sake of entertainment...too many crazy folks out there already to find that entertaining for sure....

But I do love Andy Griffith, and the old Dragnet and such...and I will always love Gone with the Wind....and I LOVE Shadowlands...that one is a lot more recent, but it is awesome. I love CS Lewis and that being based on reality and it is such a beautiful story....

Mama is having a good morning...yay...that is always an excellent start to my day....!! Hope everyone's day is awesome!!!
(0)

Yes, Captain - human nature is definitely interesting!
(0)

we didnt have a tv when i was a kid cause of my dads religious beliefs of course , but to this day thats about the only thing i appreciate about his craziness . my ex and my youngest son used to sit and watch every inane piece of drivel they could drag home from the video store and it would drive me nuts . i consider blood splattering across a tv screen for the sake of entertainment to be pointless obscenity at worst and mental masturbation at best . i cant imagine why someone would want to fill their head with gore and mood music .
im a diehard simpsons fan . humankind is nuts and i dont mind laughing at " us " .
(1)

Hope, how on earth did you fall asleep watching that?! And The Birds? I was scared of them for a long time. Big joke in my family how Dee was always afraid of the dark. Made the mistake of watching Dawn of the Dead when I was young - one guy bit a woman's shoulder - looked like chicken - still can't get near chicken skin to this day. Remember the blob? That was just dumb haha! Gone With the Wind...now THAT is a great movie. I've read that book at least a dozen times. There was a "sequel" that came out called "Scarlett". She ends up in Ireland...that was a pretty good book. Ahhh. Classic books and old black and whites.
(1)

Jessie..I know it's not funny but it is a little comical how all this stuff stuck with us from way back then...
(1)

I do remember the Creature Features one too....awesome!!! wow...love these fond memories...
(0)

On a commercial note, I have found a new shampoo at the dollar store that I absolutely love...it is the Suave with Moroccan argon oil....it is amazing...my hair feels like silk...at a fraction of those other big deal shampoos...I will never pay that kind of money for shampoo anyway, but it is great to find one that is inexpensive that does a great job....
(2)

Dee...do you know that I watched House on Haunted Hill last night? I had it on my laptop and just put it beside the bed so I wouldn't wake Mama up and it lulled me to sleep....yes, perhaps and I nuts....haha.... ewwww Jeanette..The Birds...yes, the parts I remember about that one were where the character Suzanne Pleshette played where she had been killed by the birds and the man at his farm who the neighbor found.....spooky..... I love MeTV...all the oldies but goodies....

There used to be a show on called "the Unknown" I believe it was that had a man in a shroud and he would tell some spooky thing before the movie would start and then they would have one of those old black and white creature movies...Saturday afternoon..Mama never wanted us to watch those..she always said, "you know you will not sleep and I will be up with you all night." I would promise I would be ok and please please let us watch Mama...she would usually let us and then somewhere in the middle of the night you could hear me.... "MAMA.......... I bet she wanted to tear my behind up...lol
(1)

My worst movie was one where these dark things would come out of the woods at night, holding their arms in front of them, steadily pacing. They were kind of like wolf bears, I guess. I became terrified of leaving the windows exposed at night and had to draw the curtains from then on. As a kid, I knew that they were out there. As an old lady, I still worry about them. I don't even know the name of the movie, but it had a huge impact on my life. Maybe kids shouldn't watch horror movies.
(2)

Ohhh, I remember creature feature!! wow... that took me wayyy back!

My first scariest movie I remember was "The Birds". Gosh, hated it when they were pecking trying to get her inside the phone booth. Latest one is "Chucky". That was years ago... we no longer watch ANY scary movies. can't sleep as it is... LOL.
(2)

i could go read online what the ct had to say about my lumbar but when i occasionally email my docs the communications are quoted and every third word is replaced with " expletive " . for all the world it looks like im filled with rage but that isnt the case . ive known these docs for years and they thoroughly expect me to use my normal / casual english around / with them . the federal beaurocracy is rather PC but the docs and technicians are ( expletive ) awesome people .
(0)

I really don't like being scared when I am watching a movie. I just like to relax. I will bet you can't fall asleep during one of those freaky movies LOL!
(1)

Give me a good Edward G. Robinson movie, such as "Key Largo". Great acting in that movie :)

I like the cable channel *MeTV*... my sig other is now watching some of the old TV programs for the first time, that I use to watch on a regular basis. Say what? You never watched Cheers? Or Carol Burnett? Or CHiPS? Nor Adam12? Nor Quincy, M.E.? Oh my gosh, he never watched Love Boat !!
(3)

there was a show on when we were kids called Creature Features. We used to beg my mom to stay up and watch it. As soon as the creepy music started at the beginning, we covered our eyes or put our heads under the blankets. Mom would say ok you guys are sleeping now go to bed. We would tell her we were just resting our eyes. Haha! I used to like watching the Abbott and Costello scary movies. Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, The Invisible Man...they were scary for a kid but also very funny. They don't make them like that anymore.and I love the Glenn Miller story with Jimmy Stewart! nothing but garbage on TV now.
(1)

Oh I love big band too...for me I think Gary Cooper always had my heart..lol.....I love Andy Griffith and I love the old B&W Gunsmoke, Rifleman, Rawhide....etc...also I do have to admit I LOVE the old black and white horror flicks...the Fly was one I liked.haha...and House on Haunted Hill was a favorite but as a kid it scared the life out of me...but those were kind of harmless...can't deal with the blood and guts gore for the sake of blood and guts they make now..EXCEPT...I Love the Walking Dead...which freaks my brother out to no end.. :) I've watched it from the start and now don't even notice the zombies because it has such a good story line...
(0)

Jimmy Stewart was the best! I love big band music, too.
(2)

Me too, Hope! Aaaand I still watch Andy Griffith re-runs. I love old comedies and musicals and westerns. Only thing I don't like is sci-fi and horrors. For a long time after seeing The Fly as a kid, I felt like household spiders and flies were watching me. Ok. Still do sometimes. Creepy. *shiver!*
(4)

Dee..i love the old black and white movies too...LOVE THEM...nothing more relaxing on earth than getting everyone settled in and watching them...I even enjoy falling asleep to them...which I guess is ridiculous, I think they remind me of when I was a little kid and the ones that were just good old wholesome movies Mama would let me watch....so I feel cozy when they're on and I am able to fall asleep....
(1)

While my cousin was visiting, and Mama was getting agitated at her extended visit, she began to get that look on her face where I knew she was ready for the company to vacate the premises.....My cousin does that baby talk stuff to my Mama and I can tell she HATES it....she also likes to "tweek" my Mama's nose...and I KNOW she hates that BIG TIME....my cousin told me "pop her on the nose'....and I said are you out of your mind..she hates that....I will not do it and I'd better not see you doing it either...she kept talking baby ish towards her and finally said "you old sulled up thing" to my Mama...I immediately retrieved her bags and put them in the car and told her....lets get going before the rain sets in....Good grief..what is wrong with people....
(2)

Jessie...yikes! My mom is at a point where some very weird things are said. She has visual hallucinations and false memories. I think she has mixed dementia...for sure vascular but also possibly AZ or LBD. Not that it would make a difference in her care. It's just so heartbreaking.
(1)

I've always thought my mother's dementia was unusual. It doesn't follow any of the normal ways. Sometimes I wonder if my mother might just be very mentally ill. She used to use the little girl act with my father. Knowing my father, I doubt that he cared for it, either.

I watched a couple of clips from Baby Jane. It was scary how it reminded me of my mother. doo wee ooooo. What's even worse, sister Blanche reminded me of myself.
(0)

Oh Lord.... sorry that your day went so to the left Jessie, I think I had already guessed that would happen after how your morning started. The "entitled" talk, been there, heard it, did my best to ignore it Shortly after my daddy passed she would say "well, daddy brought you here to take care of me" or "daddy said you would do everything and I wasn't to worry". Of course it never made sense since she thought "daddy had a new woman". She never used to call him daddy either but after hearing all of us call him daddy, well, it stuck that it was her daddy too. You can't change it, you can't argue with it and it's better to go along with it since it seems to ease the tension.

Susan, wow... your mom seems to be changing a bit rapidly?... sometimes it seems slower when we are right there with them day in and day out but others see it as a sudden change. Ha, like my brothers whom hadn't seen mom in months said "she's worse every time we see her". REALLY?

Hang on girls...
(1)

p.s. that movie you're thinking of is "whatever happened to baby jane?". That was a creepy movie! I love old black and whites and TCM channel. Don't watch tv much except TCM and sports. Love the Thin Man series.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter