Follow
Read More
My daughter just called from Denver. She feels bad. She is going to to a Covid test.

Hope it’s negative!
(3)

Fingers crossed for her, Need :(
(2)

Thanks, CM

I know the numbers are rising in Colorado.
(0)

Just got home from the doctor. Was stuck three times! OUCH!

Once for flu shot. Once for shingles and once for lab work.
(2)

NeedHelp, my doctor wants me to get the shingles vaccine but I am really afraid of getting shingles once I get the injection plus all the side effects that go along with it. I just recently started getting the flu shot last couple of years. I guess I am a sissy in that area. Praying for your DH. Hope your daughter is ok and test comes back negative. Difficult days ahead for all of us probably. Stay safe!
(2)

EB,

Getting shingles is horrible! My husband had it awhile back and he was in pain. That is what convinced me to get the vaccine.

It’s a new vaccine. It is supposed to be more effective than the old one.

It’s done in two parts. I have the next vaccine planned for December.

I asked about side effects. My doctor said I could feel bad over the weekend with fatigue and body aches.

Please get it. You don’t want shingles!

I also had to do labs. The lab tech said that she is too young to get the vaccine. She has to wait until she turns 50. She is 49. She got shingles twice! Once near her hip. The next time near her eye! She said the pain from shingles was awful!

Please keep the prayers coming! Thanks.
(3)

Hi.
(1)

Covid continues. Husband is still in the hospital. He’s on remdesivir. Not a cure but supposed to shorten hospital stay. He’s on his 5th dose. It takes six doses. The cost is high - $2300.00 for six treatments - currently not covered by private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid. He’s also taking a steroid and a broad spectrum antibiotic. He’s doing okay, but very sick. My son is now in the hospital too. He started remdesivir yesterday. He’s also very sick. I can’t see either one of them. You don’t want to catch this. Wear your mask. Social distance. My dad is fine falling his fall. He’s staying at his assisted living apartment until our Covid is over. I’m still testing negative.
(10)

My word, Bridger! That’s so expensive!

I hope he can come home soon. Glad your dad is doing better.

What about your son? You have a lot on your plate!
(1)

Need, Son is now in hospital too. The drug is expensive, I felt it was worth it. Oldest son has continued to test negative like me.
(2)

Bridger,

I am so sorry to hear that he is hospitalized too.

Glad your other son and you are doing okay.

How often are you required to get tested?
(1)

I have expensive feet. Very slim and narrow. Hard to find shoes that fit correctly and usually spend lots of money on them. Spent 4 hours yesterday trying on shoes. I must have tried on 10 pairs. The shoe salesman was losing his patience. I told him it is not my fault for having odd feet. I asked for another shoe salesman. Within 10 minutes I had the most comfortable fitting shoes. The man had 25 years of experience and I took his name down for future purchases. The shoes cost $65 discounted.
(4)

I've been bothered with restless legs on and off through my life, when I was younger I learned that it was often due to low iron levels but I don't know what the heck is going on now.....😖
(3)

earlybird, I have the same problem with narrow feet. When and if I did find a heeled shoe, I would buy it several colors.

Now that I am much older, no one expects me to wear heels, so I wear SAS shoes. So very comfortable. Made in Texas. Pricey but they last for years.
(1)

cwillie, I have notice that my restless toes have been on a marathon run the past couple of years, more so this year. If I focus on it, I can stop it. Otherwise, if I am watching TV, those toes are getting a workout.

It could be a side effect of one of the meds I am taking, or just plain stress that I had developed while caring for my late parents, politics, and covid.
(1)

Bridger, I'm hoping that your family are able to stabilize and heal, and move on.   If I remember correctly, your husband is a doctor?   This is one of the reasons why people need to mask, so that the responders aren't exposed.

How are YOU faring?  Are you getting enough rest yourself?
(2)

GA, Yes my husband’s a doctor. He caught Covid working in a Covid ward in Wisconsin. He and our son are sick but doing well. I’m fine too.
(4)

freqflyer, I love SAS too and used them for a few years but store did not have any more narrows. The shoes are expensive but worth it. I tried on the medium but too wide. I was desperate for a pair of shoes as winter is approaching and the ones I have are summer ones.
(0)

Cwillie,
In addition to iron, did you check into Vitamin D, and magnesium.?
Be sure to mention the wasp sting to the doctor. There are more rare side effects occurring later, having to do with kidneys. Not likely happening to you, but ruling out everything. Doctors are allowing telephone visits now, and zoom.
(0)

Thanks Send. I take my vit D and every day (or every day that I remember, TG I don't have any medications I HAVE to take). I've tried magnesium but it didn't make much difference.Restless legs are just an annoyance for me, not bad enough for a doctor visit. What I should really try is giving up my coffee but that's not. gonna. happen.
(1)

Good Morning Cwillie, and everyone!
Try starting your day with some music for a few hours.
I like louder whistle while you work or upbeat dance music.
1) It is a good test to see if my mood is good enough to tolerate music at all.
(My hubs and I like different music).
2) It can actually improve moods! As well as dancing a bit in the kitchen to
some Oldies but goodies.

No coffee? Not. Happening. Here. Either! ☕️
Add hot chocolate for winter mornings.

Lol. Most people would be adding a memory focus supplement just so they could remember to take their "D". But don't do it! There is not much about 2020 we want to remember, is there?

There might be something good to remember......thinking on it.
(0)

Husband is coming home at noon. Oxygen saturation levels are steady and fever since early yesterday. Not recovered completely, but better.
(7)

Bridger,

Yay!!! Amen!!! Hallelujah!!!

I have not stopped praying for him and your son.

What about your son? And your other son? Is he feeling okay? Are you still doing okay?

I am so happy he is going home! Can he smell or taste yet?
(1)

Morning, Send.
(1)

So glad to hear, Bridger. Hope the other patients are doing well also!
(1)

Good Morning NHWM.
What does your Saturday look like?
Have you heard about your daughter's health yet?

Bridger, Baby steps! Hoping the day is here soon that everyone in your family is Covid-free and well.
(1)

ThNks Send
(1)

Send,

Thank God, she tested negative! She did the rapid test which isn’t as accurate as the other one.

She says it must be a bug or something. She went home from work yesterday and slept all day.

Oh, it’s a beautiful day her. Weather is perfect, not hot or cold. I have to do some grocery shopping in a bit. Then just relax.
(5)

NeedHelp,I am glad your daughters test came back fine. Blessings wished for you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving.
(3)

Bridge, glad to hear DH is doing better. Hope your son and dad are recovering well. Thanks for the update.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter