My "whine moment today". What's yours?

Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
Did anybody else see Betty White on the Emmy Awards? It broke my heart...........seriously. When you see the obvious deterioration of her speech and how much she has aged. She's 96, God love her, but seeing her up there reminded me of my dear departed Mom so much. :(

But she still has the wit, I'll give her that.
(3)

Lu, sounds familiar................unfortunately. :P
(4)

Thanks MsMadge,Lord knows I need all the hugs I can get.I can't seem to say or do ANYTHING right with my dear dH.I just keep walking away and bite my tongue.Nothing is worth hearing his nonsense.
(8)

Lu
hugs
(5)

My whine is that my husband's comprehension level and communication skills are already lacking and now he has been put on a new medicine that has made it a lot worse.I'm just praying his body gets used to it soon and he levels out,but in the meantime,he's driving me crazy......er.
(9)

Greetings all. Its been months. I am by far not caught up by a long shot. But I do have a whine.
My whine is that I feel like I am stuck on stupid. Then I started to read some of the posts and it made me smile just reading some of the other goings on just took my mind off my own stuff gave me a needed diversion. Thanks.
(4)

Waterfalls, you are preaching to the choir here. I've always taken really great care of my skin.

No one was suggesting that we should all give up when we get older. LOL
(1)

I understand about the noise and inconsiderate people outside. Motorcycles all hours, people talking loud, etc etc. With us being caregivers it's important for us to have quiet. Unruly people come into nice neighborhoods and become a mess with poor habits. I can't even relax and read without hearing banging, car doors slamming all the time, trucks flying down the block!! To me it's a no brainer to be considerate of neighbors.
(2)

Evermore maybe your mom is like my mom. It takes her hours to get herself together. Sometimes people are just not morning people and like to start their days late. Moms psych team said I have to adjust to her needs not my own. It's about her, what she she wants. She's the senior. She also could be resisting you because of control reasons. Start paying closer attention to when she coooerates with you & when she doesn't. Her moods, what she says and doesn't say. For yourself, go ahead & do what you feel is important for the day so you feel a sense of accomplishment without depending on her to rise to the occasion. Lower your expectations of her. Her body could be changing and she may need more rest. You don't know. My mom sometines takes hours to get herself together on some days. Other days 123. What I want my mom to do sometimes she doesn't want to do. We argued all the time until recently I put an end to it. It was making me sick. Its not worth it. Your will be making lots of adjustments along the way!!! Take time for yourself, relax. Don't let the anger & resentment build up. Have a great day!
(2)

I totally agree, good skin care and a little light make-up makes me feel so much better about myself, so I need to do that more often! My daughter is a ULTA fanatic, always buying make-up and skin care products, but often they don't work out for her skin for some reason and she passes them onto me. I have So much product that also goes to waste because of the 6 months toss rule, still I never toss it before a year and have never had a problem with it.

My daughter also has a Friend who is enrolled in several of those monthly beauty box subscriptions, so she passes a bunch of that stuff onto me, and I end up sharing with my sister it's so much. I haven't had to buy stuff for a long time, which is great because it's So expensive any more. And triple bonus, my daughter's MIL is a Rep for BVLGARI, so I now have the most Beautiful collection of Perfume you've ever seen, which I have displayed on a mirror on my bathroom counter for all to try.

I do think it's important to keep up with our appearances for ourselves, and to continue to try to look nice for our spouses. This Caregiving gig can really get us in a rut, and I've been most guilty of letting myself go during the rough patches. I'm really trying hard now to get up, washed and dressed each day, rather than later around in my long sleeves T-shirts and leggings, my Uniform of choice, as I used to do when caring for my FIL. It definitely is much better way to begin the day. I was getting Really Lazy there for a while!
(6)

1 2 3 4 5
Related
Questions