Follow

My dear FIL quietly slipped away from us Tuesday night. He’d fallen and hit his head just before Christmas, and the decline moved quickly after that. He was alert and talking some over the weekend, and we all were able to say what we needed to. We were able to be with him when he left us so he wasn’t alone. We’re heartbroken and exhausted but he’s free of pain and at peace. Our daughter and her family opted to fly in now so we can grieve together, not during the busyness of a funeral. It was an honor to look after him, be an advocate for, to hold his hand, to give him ice cream.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Bless you and your family as you grieve together. I'm very sorry for your loss.
(3)

So sorry to hear of your loss - your loving care must have been a blessing to him
(3)

So sorry for your loss. I know you will miss him. It’s good your daughter is with you.
(3)

Dear Linda,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family during this sad time.
(1)

I’m so sorry to hear this. Sounds like FIL has a very nice family. Take care.
(1)

What a blessing for him and you that you had that window of opportunity to talk. It must surely have made his passing easier for him, if not on you. Wishing you and the family comfort.
(2)

It seems you are a loving daughter in law who likewise raised another loving daughter. Glad you are together at this difficult time. I bet your FIL loved you both very much. Peace to you.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter