Follow

Kidney stones too large to pass. Mom’s 93, we’ve decided no surgery. Mother also has trembling of limbs. Appetite not too good. She also is hallucinating more and more of loved ones who are living and some who have passed.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Why have you decided against having these treated? The surgery need not be invasive - the stones are shattered with ultra high frequency sound waves.

As I understand it, kidney stones are excruciatingly painful - meaning your mother will need some pretty drastic pain relief - and complications could include infection. If your mother's doctors have advised you not to seek treatment then of course they are the professionals, but I hope they explained their thinking.
(2)

I agree with CM. Have you been told that these are staghorn stones? Have you sought a second opinion?

Have you called in hospice to treat her symptoms.

Don't just let her suffer. You need to do something; either treatment or hospice.
(0)

Your Mother's legs may be trembling from the pain of the kidney stones, and I hope she is getting adequate pain relief!

There are other options, the Ultrasound treatment in addition to Pain relief. I also think Hospice Care is a good idea. Please discuss all options available with her Drs.
(0)

Thank you all. Mother had been seen 2 years ago about kidney stones and we brought her home without surgery, her request. She was on hospice since then but was removed a couple months ago. Mother has assured me she isn’t in pain as I so remember when she was , I knew. Besides the kidney stones mother has a bedsore on her lower back we’re treating. Since her hospitalization two years ago she’s been bedridden which we’re constantly getting her up to potty when she hasn’t wet or change positions and exercise( with outings as often as she feels like leaving the house) . The bedsore concerns me as it’s nickel sized opened wound which looks painful. We’re treating with A-D zinc ointment and sometimes aloe vera plant directly on wound which had worked. Mom’s weekly nurse is observing it too. Any suggestions that may have worked for your loved ones will be appreciated. This format allows me to release my concerns as I read others. Mother’s comfort is our utmost priority.
🙏🏾🙏🏿🙏🏽
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter