Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
CWillie: I agree.That's why I suggested we regulars weigh in today only, given that AgingCare responded below that they believe this to be an appropriate thread to keep on the site. Then I suggest we let it sit and rot until it disappears. Given how long things last in the Discussions area it may last a while. But it will soon enough reach its natural demise.
(1)

I just came here to see why this thread keeps showing up at the top of the discussions list and it's exactly as I suspected, you all are keeping it alive by repeatedly posting here. Since the OP has never returned (and who could blame them if they are indeed legitimate) this whole thread could have disappeared days ago. 🤨
(2)

Adding another thought, along the line of Geaton777's comments: as I read the title of this thread, I thought it was so outrageous that it wasn't worth reading. And I didn't, until I saw that others were responding and I wondered why.
(1)

Alva, and Geaton 777, thanks for your very thorough, thoughtful and insightful responses. I began posting here less and less and have continued to do so, very much in part b/c of the obviously false claims and assertions of some individuals, as well as those who (a) never respond and/or (b) are too self focused to even consider suggestions.

I completely agree with each of you. One reason I spend far less time here is b/c I post on other forums on which the moderators address inappropriate posts quickly. Why wade through posts that aren't legitimate when I can spend time discussing legitimate gardening and hiking issues, with people who make the effort to understand situations and who respect their fellow posters? Obviously these are different categories entirely, but the interaction with other posters and legitimate inquiries are common to forums.

While I understand the Admin's position, obviously I make my own decisions regardless of official policy.

Alva and Geaton777, thanks again for your thoughtful and professional comments on this ongoing issue.
(4)

AgingCareCM:
Thank you for responding to our request to have this removed.
Geaton, thank you for starting us off in response to the requests for removal and the refusal/reasons for refusal to remove.
I must count myself one who has ALWAYS trusted the admins and their decisions on this Forum. This time I respectfully disagree.
What will stop others from coming to this Forum is allowing a post like this to stand, in my humble opinion.
The accusation this OP makes is so outrageous that it has led me to believe that he or she doesn't exist. That along with the fact that he or she has not been back. Normally --and I stress that word --someone who would write something this "outrageous" would be back to argue and accuse and carry on.
The responders on this Forum, many of us long time members, caring and invested, have without exception found this post to be offensive in the extreme. I have come to believe, along with GardenArtist that there is a reason it still is standing.
There is nothing to say to an OP who posts this.
This has no purpose under the sun.
I don't understand your reasoning, but am without choice in this matter at all. If our posts on this post don't matter, then they simply don't matter.
For my own part I will simply stop coming to it, stop posting on it after today, in order that it will hopefully bury itself, as things eventually always do, for lack of interest.
Until today is over I hope others, who are respected and who often post on this Forum might come in and weigh in, for what we are worth.
Thanks again for this Forum. I have never questioned its absolute excellence until now.
(3)

AgingCareCM,

"Whether such an assessment is accurate doesn't matter. What does matter is that this labeling can and does discourage other legitimate people from seeking information, advice and support here, which is the purpose of this forum after all."

This post does not even include an inquiry for info or advice or personal info in their profile. Yet the OP makes an outrageous claim that, if true, needs to be reported to the police, not here. If there was a witness to this crime, why is the OP posting it here rather than talking to a criminal investigator? It's not even a "revenge" post vent since they don't mention the name of the organization. And, how do you suggest we "support" this OP? By agreeing that the hospice did murder the OP's mother? The OP hasn't been back to respond or update.

I think the post should be removed because it adds to the perception that this site attracts and is populated by very disturbed people. Just like on any other social media, it degrades the site for all of us who aren't and distracts from actual verifiable information and helps. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be a first time visitor who is in crisis with a LO wanting real info, solutions, support and comfort...and then comes upon this post. Ugh.
(8)

Hi, all.

Spreading misinformation about end-of-life care is unhelpful, but posts like these are delicate. Sadly, some people do not fully understand the purpose of hospice care, what it entails, or how it benefits patients and their families. The dying process can be difficult to witness, even for those of us who have cared for loved ones in their final days and recognize the value of hospice. Acceptance of loss does not always come easily, and grief can trigger new or worsening mental health issues in some.

This post has not been removed and I'll explain why. I strive to use a light hand while moderating. We're all adults here. Although some stories and details may come across as shocking or nonsensical, my job is to enforce forum guidelines to the best of my ability while also fostering open communication. "Believability" does not factor into moderating unless a post violates some other aspect of AgingCare's comment policy.

Maintaining a healthy sense of skepticism is crucial these days, especially online. It's up to each of us to decide whether certain details a member provides are real, perceived or fabricated. In the same vein, deciding which posts and users to interact with is entirely up to you. Your contributions to this forum are invaluable. Please continue reporting posts that you believe violate our policies, but don't waste your precious time and energy drawing attention to something you deem unworthy for whatever reason(s).

Lastly, I do have one respectful request: please refrain from decrying other members as trolls. Disruptive individuals are an unfortunate and inescapable of part of this digital age. Whether such an assessment is accurate doesn't matter. What does matter is that this labeling can and does discourage other legitimate people from seeking information, advice and support here, which is the purpose of this forum after all.

I hope this clarifies our stance on this post and the process by which all forum content is approved, edited or removed. For reference, AgingCare's Member Comment Policy can be found here: https://www.agingcare.com/aboutus/member-comment-policy

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to this account via private message. (Unfortunately, the moderator email address is still inaccessible.) Thank you for your ongoing participation in this forum—especially your efforts to uphold its quality.
(5)

MJ1929, page hits, I suspect.
(1)

How many times does this have to be reported before it gets removed??
(3)

And standards in the Corps would be high, very high.
(2)

One would think in the military that proof-reading would be very important.
(2)

CountryMouse, I think the role of servicepeople has changed a lot over the years since the advent of tech devices.
(2)

[FF - a Marine wouldn't necessarily be very good at typing.]
(1)

We had really good results with hospice for both my mom & my mother-in-law. And with my dad dying Jan. of 2022 at 95, we had a gal that is also a friend of the family who worked with hospice help us, and she was awesome too. So IF that whole story is true, which I've got the salt shaker out just in case, then that's a police matter. HOWEVER... I do have a daughter-in-law who's volunteered to put a pillow over MY face!! ha
(1)

Belkezoo, if you were in the Marine Corps, thank you for your service, but a Marine would know the spelling would be "Corps" not "Corp".
(7)

I know hospice may differ from state to state, and this is a troll thread. Low key though if I was on hospice I would not mind if someone sped up the process for me.
(4)

Somebody's watching too many movies in their mom's basement.
(5)

reporting again.
(5)

This is absolute nonsense. Why has it not been removed? Reporting again.
(3)

Here we go again....
(3)

does not ask a question, uses language intended to inflame emotions but with no background of the situation prior to the alleged events, and definitely. not what hospice care provides. will report to admins.
(3)

This post needs to go. I think we're being trolled.
(6)

The truth about hospice: my mother's team could do NOTHING w/o her PCP's approval. So the hospice nurse could NOT get an order for ANY MEDS w/o the PCP agreeing to it; 4 eyes on the matter instead of 2. It was almost irritating at times to have to wait 40 minutes to get an approval for an increase on a .25 dose of Ativan to be given every 2 hours if needed for agitation instead of every 4 hours, during END OF LIFE, true story. These posts are absurd, they really are.
(4)

Profile: 

"I am past past paramedic and have worked in medical in the marine Corp .. " 

Yeah, sure.   You don't present as a  Marine.
(8)

Reporting as trolling.
(5)

Reporting this post to the site administrator.
(4)

You didn't ask a question, but here's my response: Why didn't the nurse's assistant stop the murder from happening? She's a witness to, and aiding & abetting, a crime which should be reported to the authorities, obviously.

My condolences over the loss of your mother.
(3)

You didn't post a question.
(1)

I'm sorry for your loss but you need a criminal investigation, not advice from randos on a global website that can't verify your story, are not lawyers and have no accountability if we give you inaccurate guidance. May you receive peace in your heart.
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter