Follow

She is seeking to only harm me, every communication she makes with me is always derogatory, she insists I ruined her life and now is saying she wants to sue me for every dollar spent on me since I was born.

I guess I'm not really looking for an answer but more of venting, my heart is broken and my stress levels are just unreal.

I don't even understand how a mother can be so evil to her child. Even if she has mental problems, whatever it is, its your kid; I don't get it..

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I just want to thank everyone for listening I just need to get it all out
(0)

I haven't talked to my mom since Mother's Day I have mixed feeling I usually go to her house every Tuesday to either pay her bills for her or clean her house, I didn't go this week because I just don't want to hear all her negativity about everything,but on the other hand I don't know if I should just suck it up and go do what I usually do and just hear her, she's 79 years old and I don't want something to happen to her, I do have other siblings, they do their part,on my dad's dying bed 22 years ago he asked each of his kids to take care of mom after he is gone, I never thought it was going to get this bad.
(0)

You can't stop your Mom from being verbally abusive but you can learn to protect yourself from it. As nice as it would be to have a loving mother in your life that's not the way it is. It's natural to feel angry about this and to feel sad but if you can work past that and find love and support from the people who are able to give it to you, your life will be monumentally better. Counseling can help with this. there are also support groups for codependency.

It's not easy. I desperately wanted love, respect and approval from my parents and I spent years seeking those things to my own determent. I was the good daughter that jumped when they barked. Finally someone asked me what I would do if my parents never changed. Was I going to waste the rest of my life trying to please them? Was I prepared to live with chronic sadness and disappointment? I decided I wanted better than that and found help. I wish you all the best and I'm sorry you are going through this.
(2)

You know, we have Al-Anon for people who need to disconnect from an alcoholic's drama. Maybe what we need is Alz-Anon so we can learn how to disconnect from dementia, or Mom-Anon for the children of mothers who won't let go. So to p.o.a.m, I say let go, let God, and don't provide her with an audience.
(1)

I feel the same way, every time I speak to my mother I feel like I am the worst daughter ever. Mother's Day was bad I called her to wish her a happy Mother's Day ended up arguing with her about how everything makes her mad. She says that I only have one bad fault and that is not knowing how to forgive people. I said mom when someone has hurt me or put me down its really hard for me to forgive. All my life someone in my family has put my down. I am in my 50's now I will not put up with it.
(0)

My mother has done some weird stuff and she is not mentally ill, just feels entitled to do and say whatever she feel a like. Doesn't seem to care if it hurts me or not. It is all about her.
(0)

Is she mentally ill?
(0)

You will have to have boundaries. If you are answering her phone calls, I would stop. You can phone her, but if she starts in on you, beg off and hang up.
(0)

Um. You don't do that, no; not unless you have some serious torment of your own going on inside your head, anyway. What happened? How long ago?
(0)

Dementia or not, you don't do that to your child, you don't drive him crazy and intentionally torment him. It's horrible.
(0)

Since I left the house, well got kicked out when I selected being a grown up and chose my wife (now my wife), she has developed a hatred for me I guess but wow it is hot with the fire of a thousand suns.
(0)

Dementia and mental illness take no prisoners.
(1)

Could you put your vent into a little context, perhaps? Is this a recent attitude she's giving you, or has it gone on forever?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter