Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Denise, I am wondering if you still come to Forum and if you have by any chance any updates for us?

I was negligent not to mention to you the 5250 which is a hold if a patient is adjudged a danger to self, and in which there is often a progress to a hearing, but meanwhile a workup for diagnosis.
I hope you are doing well.
(0)

Denise, how is your mom doing?
(0)

Denise65, do you know if the facility had tested your Mom for an Urinary Tract Infection? Such an infection seems to be overlooked in so many cases. An UTI can cause hallucinations and mimic dementia in an older person, men and women.

If the test comes back positive, antibiotics are used to help with the infection.

It would be worth having such a test, to be sure.
(1)

Is this a forced admission? Do you mean Baker Act or 5150? If that's the question it is a 72 hour hold.
If you mean how long can she voluntarily stay in an acute care hospital, the answer is basically "not long" and she would be plaed in care were she to require ongoing care fairly quickly, or as they like to say "once stablized" (usually with medication the patients choose not to take once released).
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter