Follow

I am worried , scared, exhausted... the not knowing. Missing so much work. Crying all the time, I am a mess.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Clindfors - I apologize in advance for my harsh tone. I'm trying to be helpful by being blunt.

Are you being paid to take care of your ex? If not, then you're no different than a slave being forced to work. If you're not being locked up and forced to take care of your ex, then you can leave, can't you?

And why is it YOUR job to take care of him? Why is it ONLY you that can do the job? Do you have a special skill that no one else has?

If you want help out of your situation, please write separate post with details of your situation and post it under Questions (not Discussions). More people will see and respond to it.
(1)

This is tough. Hang in there. It's really hard to see your mother dying. But also really try to take a step back from it from time to time. If you attend a church, possibly speak to your pastor. If not, reach out to those who care about you. Just get a little balance of having some people be there for you during this very difficult time. Just take of yourself as much as you can, as you're being there for your mother. God Bless.
(0)

I am the only one who can take care of my exhusbands end stage COPD. I'm missing out on so much, dinners with girlfriends, etc. There is nobody else that can help me. He won't pay for someone to come in. Now what?
(0)

Ruthnne2 - I am sorry you and your mom are suffering. Do you have help from relatives or hospice? If not, do ask for it now. Don't miss anymore work. The last thing you need is to be unemployed.

Hoping your mom's suffering will end peacefully and soon.
(1)

My dad has congestive heart failure that is likely in its final stage. It’s unknown how long he may live in the final stage. We know it will end his life. It’s very hard to watch my dad constantly short of breath, having fluid build up, and be exhausted from doing even the smallest effort. So I know what you mean. Please get help when you need it, either with taking care of your mom or for yourself. Some counseling is always a good idea when faced with a big life change
(1)

I'm so sorry to see the news about your mother. Is your mother on Hospice? Do you have anyone to help you with everything? It's understandable that you are so worried and stressed. Is your mother in a facility or in the hospital? I hope you can find some help.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter