Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
So sorry for your loss. Your story resonates so strongly with me and I can relate to many things you have said or done. You did your best and that’s all you could have done.
(2)

Sorry for your loss. And that the nurse argued with you for 15 minutes. Many times, people wait until they are alone to die. It was obviously time for her to go, so I really don't think you should feel guilty about anything.

Of course during caregiving, we make mistakes. We could have, should have done more, done it better, been nicer, been more patient and on and on. But we are human and have our own needs, needs of our spouses, children, grandchildren, et etc. Life is complicated.
(1)

Yesterday was my first time visiting a forum of this kind, and this was the first post I´ve seen. I was scared, but I clicked to read it. A big thank you to everyone for all your emotions and your pearls of wisdom. I admire your power, Anita.
(3)

I love you. I love you. I love you. Etc. etc...
(0)

There's nothing you could have done.

Take the time you need to grieve.
(1)

I am so so sorry for your loss. Saying you did your best may not be as reassuring to you as is meant. But go with the flow of grief. Everything is still so so very raw. In time you will heal darling. Sending love, cuddles and kisses.🌻
(0)

Hi Anitanita,

You are a wonderful human being and you gave 10 years.
Mom might have been waiting for you to leave the room; to pass. That argument might have happened - no matter what you did.

Guilt is one of those crippling emotions that we or others impose upon ourselves.
PLEASE know that in 10 years: if you didn't make any mistakes.... then you were not doing anything.

I am very sorry for your loss.
I hope you can find a way to live now for yourself, now. I think that you have given so much already. Please, take care of yourself.
-Bevel
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter