Follow

Hello everyone.
My little old Mom Jeannie is being laid to rest today.
I found this poem. I read it every day. It is helping me so much.
Thought I would just share it here for any of you grieving a loved one that has passed:

You can shed tears that she is gone
or
you can smile because she has lived
You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back
or
you can open your eyes and see all she’s left
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her
or
you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she’s gone
or
you can cherish her memory and let it live on
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she’d want:
smile,
open your eyes,
love
and go on.
Author Unknown

Okay Mom, today I carry out your wishes and as hard as it is to go on without you I will be strong and do my very best to carry on without you in my earthly life.

Your earthly troubles have ended. Hope wherever you have gone you are happy and at peace. Love you Mom, forever in my heart.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
How nice! Thank you for sharing. I hope the day will be comforting and peaceful for you.
(2)

I am so sorry for your loss.

That poem is beautiful and says so much about how you felt about your mom and what kind of woman she was.

May God give you strength and peace during this difficult time.
(2)

Thank you.
I am sorry for your loss
Your mom is still with you and always will be.
Every time you look in the mirror you will catch a glimpse of her, every time you say something that she always said you will hear her. Once in a while you might even faintly smell her perfume or soap, know she is with you.
The poem is beautiful. I am crying as I write this. It is raining now and it will be all weekend. Just as it was when my Husband died 4 years ago this Sunday. I will share this poem with family. So, Thank you again.
(((hugs)))🕊
(4)

What a blessing that you had your mom for 101 years. Wow! And sounds like a good mom at that. You are one of the fortunate ones. I am sorry for your loss, and thank you for the poem. My husband died 5 1/2 weeks ago, so I just inserted he instead of she into it. Thanks for sharing. May God bless and comfort you in the days, and weeks ahead.
(1)

God Love her. She lived a long life. So sorry for ur loss.
(1)

Dear "SueNWPA,"

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful poem along with your lovely sentiments.

May God carry you through the day as you lay your mom to rest - 101 years old, what a testimony to a life well lived.

Hugs to you!
(1)

Beautiful poem, Sue. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May God give you strength and peace as you move on with your life. You were both so blessed to have each other. She will always be in your heart. Sending a big hug to you.
(1)

Thank you for sharing that touching poem.

I especially love the ending;

Love
and go on

May you have peace as you say goodbye to your beloved Mom - but hello to warm memories.

(((Hugs)))
(1)

Very sweet poem. Thanks for sharing.

So very sorry for your loss of your mom. She lived a long life!
(1)

Sue, I also offer condolences for your loss.    The sentiments you shared are insightful, and I hope they bring you peace as you move forward.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter