Follow

He is 70 years old, and I can't believe the predicament I've found myself in with him. I've been looking after him for 3 years now even though he feels otherwise. I must admit, I assist him with nearly everything.

I believe he also has memory breakdown where he goes completely blank after a brief pause, I delicately aid him in shaping.

Yes, I know he also has a significant stimulus addiction, this while his so called friends are responsible for enameling this maddens. His actions show that he has no control over his life because of the lifestyle he chooses to live. I’m constantly worried that after I move out these people will take advantage of him, his home and his money.

There is one young lady who comes over, has him awake all night coming and going to the room and then I don’t see him for the rest of the day. Only when I knock and serve him his lunch and dinner, make sure he has his meds I would like to do things in private, but he insists so there she goes and fuels his addictions and gives him whatever he wants. This bothers me am begining to think I should just stay out of it.

I believe in his head he thinks he would be a lot better if he were to fire me and have this one individual move-in, along with others, to help support his habits. I will lose my job and living arrangements. I don’t know what to do. I’m really stressed and looking for advice or what can I tell to stop him from doing this.

Thanks for listening.

Does not sound Like a promising situation or healthy for you . I think you need to make yourself the Priority and find another Companion / caretaker situation . We can't Change addicts and People who do Not respect boundaries . I would find another job and Place to Live . Nesterly.com Has situations where people rent rooms in exchange for help . You can't control or stop his behavior .
(1)

What is a "stimulus addiction"?

Your post and your profile make little sense.

You're obviously living with a friend who has a lifestyle you do not like, a younger woman "enabling" such a lifestyle who you fear will take over and you'll get fired, leaving you homeless? Is that the core of the matter?
(0)

I think you should consider moving away from this "friend" now. This sounds quite impossibly complicated.
(1)

So, you are a friend with CNA experience who lives with this friend. I will assume you get paid because he can fire you. Sounds also, like you plan on leaving.

Call Adult Protection Services and see if they can evaluate him and his situation. Tell them you need to leave because you can no longer can deal with his situation but you feel that he is vulnerable and tell the person what you said here. If APS feels he can live on his own and make informed decisions, then u can leave with a free conscious. If they feel he needs some kind of care or even 24/7 care in a facility, then tell APS the State will need to take over because you will no longer care for him. You will be leaving. If he is left in his home with care, APS will be checking up. If placed in a NH, then someone will be watching and caring for him 24/7. You will not have to worry about him getting taken advantage of.
(0)

I’m sorry, I don’t understand exactly what you are saying. Your post is a bit confusing.

From how this situation sounds though, I think you should start looking for other employment. Why do you want to work for an addict?
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter