My father passed in the early hours on Friday.

Follow

Just a quick note as I can not write much due to I pulled my shoulder out trying to get Daddy calm on the bed. I slept in the room for the first night and I awoke suddenly at 7:30 and went to him put my hand on his warm stomach and felt no heart beat. I screamed for my son to come get up Poppa is gone. And I looked up to my father face and he had a smile..he went peacefully in his sleep. I ran outside and raised my hands to the sunny sky and said thank you Lord for taking my father so peacefully. Lord knows I can not write more now I am so heartbroken..lost...everyone came and they drapped the USA flag over him as I asked we all said a prayer around him and my son nearly collapsed as he hugged him. When they rolled him out of my home the son was on his face and remember his shining silver hair. I then collapsed or something like that. I need to go rest...Lord help us today and the days ahead..oh what a heartache this is..love you all Daddy I love you...

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3
crystal, thank you for returning to the forums with an update. If there is anything we can do with recommendations for your Mom's care, please post the questions.

Happy 4th of July to you, too :)
(2)

It has been over 4 years I have been in here and have missed you all and my Father. Reading all the comments brought tears to my eyes. I still have bad days and miss him oh so much. Now my Mom is 82 and not so well and my health not been so good but I am thankful I wake up each day. Happy 4th of July to everyone if any of the people I met are still here I would love to hear from you all.
(2)

Hey Crystal .... I agree. I will research and see if we are able to share our information. I don't see why we wouldn't be able to.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
(0)

Hopeless I feel bad for you too as I know what you are going through. I sure wish there was another way to reach out to persons like you to write to outside of this venue. It is hard to write all I want to say in here. July 4th was a hard day and even harder for you. Your Dad and My Dad are together now and watching over us. I can feel it Hugs to you and again I wish I could find a better way to communicate. Are we allowed to give out email addresses in here? Hugs
(1)

Crystal .... Again, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. I have experienced the raw pain that comes with losing a parent. My Dad recently passed, 7/4/2013, and I am also trying to adjust my life without him.

Just know that You came to my mind and I signed in specially to see how you were doing. Please keep in touch and let us know how your transition is going.

Know that we all are here for you!

Praying for you and your family.
(2)

Thank you all for your comments and prayers. I apologize for not getting back here to say this. I hope everyone is doing fine. I still miss my father more than ever and I know he watches over us now. It is truly a heartache losing someone who was there for you your entire life and loved and cared for you likewise. My father was my hero and I am lost without him. I am trying to move on but it is hard to do and I believe for me will take time. I will never get over my father and I will forever hold him in my heart always. God Bless.
(0)

I am so sorry for your loss, Crystal. You and your family will be in my prayers.
(1)

i am sorry for your pain may god hold you in the palm of his hand while you adjust to not having your father,i lost mine in 1979 and miss him everyday.I just keep thinking he would be proud of me for caring for my mother.
(1)

My father died in 2005, and I can still hear his voice when I do the dishes "Why don't you & I clean up for Mom, she's hurting today", or, very loudly, when I picked a paint color that was too dark, "Always go 3 shades lighter than the paint chip you like" (he was in paint industry). I hear his voice every day. And now I smile. He is still with me. He always will be. He is in my heart forever.
(4)

Mzdaisy I heard that too and it is comforting the things that are going on in the house....I am going to get that book Journey of the Soul that my fathers brother told me to get...time will heal the pain but the love will forever remain.....love to you xoxo.
(1)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions