Follow

Just a quick note as I can not write much due to I pulled my shoulder out trying to get Daddy calm on the bed. I slept in the room for the first night and I awoke suddenly at 7:30 and went to him put my hand on his warm stomach and felt no heart beat. I screamed for my son to come get up Poppa is gone. And I looked up to my father face and he had a smile..he went peacefully in his sleep. I ran outside and raised my hands to the sunny sky and said thank you Lord for taking my father so peacefully. Lord knows I can not write more now I am so heartbroken..lost...everyone came and they drapped the USA flag over him as I asked we all said a prayer around him and my son nearly collapsed as he hugged him. When they rolled him out of my home the son was on his face and remember his shining silver hair. I then collapsed or something like that. I need to go rest...Lord help us today and the days ahead..oh what a heartache this is..love you all Daddy I love you...

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
crystal, thank you for returning to the forums with an update. If there is anything we can do with recommendations for your Mom's care, please post the questions.

Happy 4th of July to you, too :)
(2)

It has been over 4 years I have been in here and have missed you all and my Father. Reading all the comments brought tears to my eyes. I still have bad days and miss him oh so much. Now my Mom is 82 and not so well and my health not been so good but I am thankful I wake up each day. Happy 4th of July to everyone if any of the people I met are still here I would love to hear from you all.
(2)

Hey Crystal .... I agree. I will research and see if we are able to share our information. I don't see why we wouldn't be able to.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
(0)

Hopeless I feel bad for you too as I know what you are going through. I sure wish there was another way to reach out to persons like you to write to outside of this venue. It is hard to write all I want to say in here. July 4th was a hard day and even harder for you. Your Dad and My Dad are together now and watching over us. I can feel it Hugs to you and again I wish I could find a better way to communicate. Are we allowed to give out email addresses in here? Hugs
(1)

Crystal .... Again, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. I have experienced the raw pain that comes with losing a parent. My Dad recently passed, 7/4/2013, and I am also trying to adjust my life without him.

Just know that You came to my mind and I signed in specially to see how you were doing. Please keep in touch and let us know how your transition is going.

Know that we all are here for you!

Praying for you and your family.
(2)

Thank you all for your comments and prayers. I apologize for not getting back here to say this. I hope everyone is doing fine. I still miss my father more than ever and I know he watches over us now. It is truly a heartache losing someone who was there for you your entire life and loved and cared for you likewise. My father was my hero and I am lost without him. I am trying to move on but it is hard to do and I believe for me will take time. I will never get over my father and I will forever hold him in my heart always. God Bless.
(0)

I am so sorry for your loss, Crystal. You and your family will be in my prayers.
(1)

i am sorry for your pain may god hold you in the palm of his hand while you adjust to not having your father,i lost mine in 1979 and miss him everyday.I just keep thinking he would be proud of me for caring for my mother.
(1)

My father died in 2005, and I can still hear his voice when I do the dishes "Why don't you & I clean up for Mom, she's hurting today", or, very loudly, when I picked a paint color that was too dark, "Always go 3 shades lighter than the paint chip you like" (he was in paint industry). I hear his voice every day. And now I smile. He is still with me. He always will be. He is in my heart forever.
(4)

Mzdaisy I heard that too and it is comforting the things that are going on in the house....I am going to get that book Journey of the Soul that my fathers brother told me to get...time will heal the pain but the love will forever remain.....love to you xoxo.
(1)

Crystal, my heartfelt condolences for you and your family on the loss of your dad. I am glad that he has no more pain and suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Blessings
(1)

One of the nurses at the hospice house told us that we need to release our loved ones because if you hold on and they feel you are holding on they won't leave you. Maybe your dad is there because he feels your upset. His spirit is still around. He's your guardian angel. God bless you!
(1)

Crystal,
I SO feel your emotions. You are blessed to have had your Dad for so many years, and I am envious, but so happy for you. I lost my Dad very young and I have imagined many times how life would have been different with him in it.
All I can say is you and your Dad are fortunate to have Lived Out your lives together. I am with you in grieving, Dear One. Love and Hugs, xo
(1)

Thank you so much Kuli and Christina..the last night was surreal and so rough and I only wished that one night out of all the nights and days of tending to him could of been easier..little did I realize he would go in his sleep as I slept in the chair right beside him and NEVER heard one sound from him...I never slept in that room ever and the one night I did he passed. I heard others say he felt safe when I was in there but I never heard a word or moan or nothing...it is a long story and I will write it someday soon on here when the pain in my chest calms down. His service was beautifully sad and I felt for the first week that it did not happen...Lord how to put it into words is rough but the words will come and I will always hold him close in my heart. He prepared me and my son but nothing compares to this pain I am feeling now...Bless all of you who have had to go through caretaking and then losing a loved one...no one knows but God what all you do and your loved one will always watch over you...Daddy told me just that. He is in the house and there are things happening that do not scare me but I feel him still here - his spirit is all over the house..Tell you the story later. Hugs to all of you beautiful people here. God Bless xoxo
(4)

Crystal - It's been a year and a half since I lost my dad and my heart still hurts. But there are also days that I can smile as I remember some of the good times. I'm so glad your dad went peacefully in his sleep. What a blessing for him! I prayed dad would go that way for 2 years but he fought until the very end. Just remember to take whatever time YOU need to grieve, don't let anyone tell you that you should be over it. But do know that the pain lessens with time and when you are that close with someone, you will still feel them with you when you need them most. My thoughts are with you, Kuli
(1)

Crystal, Blessings to you. You will grieve in your way; then, in respect for your precious Dad, get on with your hopes and dreams. You have a life to live.
xo
(2)

Thanks to all of you who left me comment. I have not been on here as I have been having that pain so bad....Jessie I was stunned to read your comment because for months every single day several times a day my father would say - Everythings going to be alright and you are right - his smile told me just that and so many people were talking about it at the service. I am lost. This pain is horrible. I knew Daddy would some day leave us but nothing prepared me for this awful pain in my chest. Lord knows I am starting to function a little bit better as the numbness is wearing off the stark reality is sinking in the bottom of my broken heart. I know he is in Peace now but I am lost...forever in my heart Dad..forever and ever until we meet again. Thank you all so much. Love xoxo
(1)

Crystal, such a beautiful and sad moment. Thank you for sharing with the forum, my thought and prayers are with your Father and family.
(1)

crystal, I am sorry to read about your father's passing. His peaceful passing was a nice gift. I think his smile was his way of saying that everything is all right. Peace be with you and your son as you go through the next few weeks.
(2)

My thought and prayers are with you and your family Crystal at this sad time. It'll be hard over the next few weeks but things do get better. Your lovely Dad is now at peace - he must have suffered so much. God bless you all.
(1)

Crystal...I'm so sorry. You and your son have been such a blessing to your father. His smile as he enters the gates of heaven is a wonderful sight to see. What a relief to know that his suffering is no more. I know it's hard losing him, but now it's time for you to get rest. Take care of you now.
Mom has been gone now 2 months today...and I am finally feeling really good. My health is back, I'm rested and ready for my next chapter in life. Soon you will be there...Good luck my dear friend. God bless.
(3)

Crystal, blessings to you and your family as you mourn the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
(1)

Crystal....your post has me in tears...tears of sadness n loss, for you n your family, tears of joy for your dad, that he is , finally, at peace.......God Bless you n your family..You will be in my thoughts n , so much, in my prayers....
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter