Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Sad. This whole situation is sad in so many ways. Sending you a big hug and a big CONGRATS on your daughter's brilliant achievement. Make sure to have a party anyway, and celebrate hard, in spite of no graduation ceremony.
(2)

If it helps, this was supposed to be the year my youngest graduated, too. We just found out he's on the five-year plan now.

Goody -- Another year of tuition! ¯\_( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)_/¯
(1)

I’m so sorry :(

My daughter is so upset because they just announced that softball is cancelled until further notice and the county has closed all schools until at least 3/31 and all school sports and activities are cancelled too. Yesterday my son’s flag football league cancelled the rest of the season. I get it but it’s still crummy especially since we have no confirmed cases here. First softball game was supposed to be tomorrow morning.
(1)

I know it's not the same as graduation, but if she has already ordered her cap and gown,, get a private photo session and get those pictures!! It will still be special to you all,, and you will have them to look back on. I am so sorry your day is going to be messed up, but this one way to celebrate, and maybe have a special family celebration too.
(5)

Elaine,

Thanks, I am so bummed 🙁.

My daughter is planning on moving after graduation. She has interviews lined up in June. She wants to to live in Denver.

Oh, guess how much her plane ticket was to fly to Denver in June? $58! Airfare is cheap now!!!

So, if she lands a job in Denver or another city then it may not be feasible for her to return to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to attend a future graduation ceremony.

Wow, what an awful time for you to break down. So unnerving but I am glad you went early!
(1)

Needhelpwithmom, I am sooooo sorry!!! I know how much this must hurt!!! When my older son graduated, my husband and younger son were driving the night before to meet him. Our car broke down and turned into a fiasco and had to go to the airport to rent a car. It was nighttime. We rented the car and we were able to make the graduation because we went down the night before. I know how important it is to see your baby graduate!!! This is devastating news!!! I am crying with you Needhelpwithmom. Fight to have them do it at a later date. Let them know you have waited for this moment a long time and it means a lot to see her walk down with her cap and gown. I’m sure the other parents feel as you do. If you let the university know, maybe they will have it at a later date. I am so sorry.
(2)

Okay, someone cheer me up please. Boo hoo 😢

Sorry that I am getting overly emotional but this is my baby. I was really looking forward to her graduation.
(3)

GA,

Students were notified saying they could graduate with the following graduating class but she is planning on moving out of state. I’m sure lots of students will be moving to various locations. She may not be able to return at that time.

All of the invitations were printed for this May. Cap and gown ordered, etc. We have hotel reservations for the night before so we didn’t have to drive back later. Just disappointed. I so wanted to see her receive her diploma.
(2)

Geaux Tigers! Our tiger is graduating and we won’t get to witness it. So sad. 😞

I feel so badly for my daughter. She is really disappointed.
(1)

Perhaps the university will have one later when it's safer?    That might be something the parents can raise now, for consideration later.    That's what I would do.

But I do give them credit for considering the safety of all.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter