Follow

My dad is very stubborn and last week (even though he hasn’t been driving in 10 years) he said he still wanted to renew his drivers license. Now this week he has 3 major things going on and he is on comfort care. The contrast is so sharp! I have spent the last 3 years trying to do the right thing by him and I’m heartbroken he is dying. I feel like I’m 100 years old. I know everyone on here understands. I don’t post much but I do take such great comfort in reading the posts on here.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I’m sorry to see this about your father. It must be really difficult. It’s good that he’s comfortable.
(1)

I’m very sorry you’re walking this road. My dad went on hospice at his choosing this past summer and died just a few weeks later. Even though I know he left this world exactly as he so wanted, it’s beyond hard to be without a beloved dad. As hard as this time is there are many things to cherish about it, I hope you’ll have many of these moments. I wish you both peace in the days ahead
(1)

I am so sorry about your dad. I lost my dad in 2002. I think of him often.

After my dad had a stroke he had to stop driving just like your dad stopped driving. He used to go sit in the car just to remember what it felt like to drive.

It’s very sad for them. He never asked to drive. He was content to just sit for awhile in the driveway.

I believe that you have already begun your grieving process for your father. I did the same thing. I was heartbroken as I anticipated my father dying. You will miss your dad but he will live in your heart forever.
(1)

It’s a tough pill to swallow Sally. I’m so sorry. I know what it feels like when it all happens so fast and you just didn’t expect it. As long as your dad is comfortable and isn’t suffering, that is what matters now right? Spend time with him & make every moment count. You will get through this <3
(3)

Sally, I am so very sorry you are facing this now. The only good thing about that contrast is that whatever these awful three things are, before they struck he was positive and had plans, felt he was able and capable. I hope his care is excellent and hope you are able to be with him. Thoughts with you.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter