Follow

I hired a caregiver for once a week, to help dad and keep him occupied. I'm also working on cleaning up, so the caregiver is willing to work here. She's concerned about it being hard to move around because he has different things like chairs around him in the dining room. Plus, a bed in the dining room, which I'm thinking of moving to another room to make space.

It's a struggle cleaning up after him. The table and carpet where he sits in the dining is a mess. Trying to clean it, but it goes back to messy.

I'm considering guardianship. I know he needs memory care. Hopefully, with God's help, I will be able to place him in a memory care. I visited one I really liked last year in February before lockdown. We'll see what happens.

Taking one day at a time.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Well, whether God does it all on his own or you help him out, it sounds to ME like you need to see into a reliable, regular home help/aide, or at least get yourself a cleaning lady/professional organizer/someone to come help you out a wee bit.
(1)

Memory Care has been a HUGE Godsend for my mother and for me as her care needs have become so enormous the past couple of years. The staff bend over backwards for her and it's a relief to know she's in good hands. I still have a ton to do for her, which is fine, but the hands on care is done by teams of CGs 24/7. I love those guys and gals who work so hard to keep her amused and tended to.

I hope you can get your dad placed soon. It'll be a load off of your mind.
(2)

I hope that you can place him too.

Best wishes to you and your dad.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter