Follow

Feeling so lost at the moment. My brother was my last direct family member. We spent the last 2 years together, a lot catching up and laughing together. We both lost our mum, our sister and last year our dad. I didn't think he would go so fast. Although he was in poor health with lung fibrosis. That is what ended his life in march. I miss them all so much. I lost them all in 9 years, one after the other. I feel like I'm in a dream world and hope the feeling passes as its interupting my daily life. I keep busy but often feel low. Lucky I have supportive freinds, 2 sons 4 grandchildren also 2 uncles on my dad's side that meet up 1 time a month which is nice. I still have people who are fantastic and a supportive boyfriend who has helped a lot. I like to think they're all together and that there is some sort of life after death as I've experienced a few strange things which were all good. I still speak to them all and say good morning and good night No one knows what it's like till they walk in your shoes. Lots of hugs and love to you all.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I can tell by your words how deeply you loved them. I have no doubt that you carry their memories with you in your heart.

Wishing you peace as you grieve for them. I know that you will always miss them but I don’t think that they would want you to grieve forever.
(0)

Colly I am so sorry, it seems to really pile up sometimes. I am glad you have good support with your remaining family.
(2)

I too lost my father, sister, brother, and then mother, and also many friends. I think talking to them is good, and also talking about them to your remaining family and friends. Keeping them in your memories even if it makes you cry will help to navigate the loss. They would want the best for you, for you to be happy without them, but go ahead and ask them the questions you once asked. You'll know their answers because you knew them well. The grief will get easier to bear, but never go away completely. Accept it as part of you now.
(1)

Just a reminder that you haven't lost ALL your family members as you still have your sons, grandchildren and a couple uncles, which is more than some have.
While I'm sure it's hard to lose both parents and a sibling in a short time span, be grateful that you still have your children, grandchildren, uncles and a supportive boyfriend.
So instead of focusing on what you've lost, try focusing on what you still have. That in itself should change your perspective on things.
May God bless you and keep you.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter