Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
So sorry for your loss Dees...
But your beautiful words will help many others in the same situation and/or if this situation presents itself. I am seeing subtle changes in my mom in the last 6 months. I don’t know if she will get full dementia , but she is really starting to forget things. I’m always fearful of what might happen and the thought of her not knowing who I am is possibly the most heart breaking idea. I’ve had an extremely close relationship with my mom all my life. Your beautiful post though, already made me feel much better about the future. Thank you.😇💕☮️
(4)

I offer my deepest sympathy, and I commend you for your very tender and loving caregiving..I trust you feel an immense satisfaction for doing YOUR BEST to make mom's life as good as you could through your compassionate care for her...

Grace + Peace,

Bob
(3)

Thank you all. Peace. blessings, strength and comfort to you all.
(6)

Dear Dees,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss. You're a very loving and devoted daughter. I don't think any parent could have asked for more. Your words touched my heart. I only hope to have that kind of love and care in my old age. Thinking of you during this sad time. With hugs.
(6)

Very sorry. I realize my own dad died exactly two weeks ago tonight, so I can know how badly you feel. You wrote a very touching tribute to your mom. I pray for you for your days ahead. You are right, such a myriad of different feelings on so many different levels.
(11)

So very sorry...
(7)

Dees, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
(7)

I, too, am sorry for your loss. You were a blessing to her, I hope you are aware of this and a HERO!
(8)

Thank you Dees for sharing your journey of caring for your mom with us. Your insights and encouragement are very helpful to those of us still traveling this caregiver's road. Bless you for your kind caring for your Mom all those years!
(11)

Dess, I too offer condolences on your loss. But your eloquent tribute to your mother reflects so much that you've gained from her. You have such a wonderful perspective on your relationship.

I think if we can gain while losing, we're more insightful people all around.
(13)

So sorry to hear your Mom has passed.
(7)

What a lovely tribute to your mother, Dees. Your description really put her personality across :)

Time to take care of you, now. Wishing you every comfort as you adjust to a different way of life.
(16)

I’m very sorry for your loss. Especially so in losing a much loved mother as I’ve traveled that path myself. I wish you peace and comfort in the days to come
(11)

I am so sorry for your loss. Like you, I feel like taking care of my mom and dad in their final years was a blessing in my life. I learned a lot and was so grateful to be there for them when they needed me. I'm sure your mom knew you loved her and was grateful for your loving care. {{{Hugs}}}
(12)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter