Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
Thank you for all your comments and suggestions! I know it's not a good situation for anyone, but I don't feel so alone now. I will try the phone with volume adjustment. Maybe she will use it. I'll ask my brother to talk to her about hearing aids (not holding my breath). I will not go back to shouting in person and screaming into the phone. I'm moving on so I can salvage my own sanity and reduce my blood pressure. If she chooses to ignore her hearing loss, that's certainly her choice to make. However, it doesn't mean I have to live with the stress of attempting to communicate with her.
(2)

Hearing aids are expensive, but worth it if used! In a nursing home setting there is much loss of items, not so much theft. Sometimes people misplace their eyeglasses, hearing aids and even dentures! All those add on appendages are difficult to keep track of.
(2)

It is soooooooooooooooo difficult raising parents. Yes we know they are the parents, but roles do change. They just need to listen to the children who have their best interests at heart. My mother has a golden boy as well! He can do no wrong and is always forgiven for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(1)

Jc45liberty. My Golden Boy brother is deceased. This allows an almost saint like perfection when my mother tells me what he "would have done". I loved my brother, but a saint he was not. Good thing I have a highly developed sense of ironic humor.
(1)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter