Follow

I am one scared Mama right now.

My son called me earlier today. He was sent home from work with a terrible dry cough. No shortness of breath or fever yet. He lives about 5 hours away part of the trip by ferry. He is following the self quarantine protocol and is in touch with local health officials.

My first reaction is to go see him, but my better self realizes that it is safer for me to keep in touch by phone.

As I provide care for my infant grandson I have to be especially careful to stay healthy.

I will update as we have a better idea if this is indeed COVID and how he is doing.

The most scary thing is that he was with my Dad on Sunday morning.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Today is a very bad day for allergies........I am suffering something fierce with coughing, sneezing, and feeling miserable. I've heard many others complaining about the same thing today.......but everyone is also hyper sensitive to being sick with the virus & contagious, etc.

I hope it's an allergy situation for your son and that he's not ill with the virus. Just stay away in any event. And if he is sick with the virus, the chances are seriously excellent that he will recuperate. If he tests positive and has exposed your dad, obviously, dad needs to be tested as well.

Good luck!!
(2)

Be sure to come back and let us know if he has the virus.

Most cases by far, can self isolate and run it's course w/o much intervention.

Do you know any of his friends or neighbors? Unlikely that a single guy has stockpiled ANY food. Maybe you can reach out and ask them to pick up some basics for him and leave them by the door.

How hard it is to be a long distance mama!
(1)

He needs to isolate himself from everyone and treat it like he would the flu. Leave him to his own devices. Do NOT go and visit.
(0)

Sure hope that this is just a cough and not the virus.   It sounds like your son is taking the proper action, so hopefully the local health officials can provide some guidance as to whether or not the absence of a fever and/or respiratory difficulty could mean another condition is involved.

Healing thoughts will be with you and your family, and I'm hoping for the best outcome.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter