Follow

I am dealing with guilt and fighting tears as we have made this decision. I have discussed it with my Mama and she wants to give it a try. I have prayed about this and researched it etc, but it is still a hard decision as she has been with me since my Dad passed in 1998. I know she will be more content as she will be with folks her own age to talk and interact with.She will get help with daily living etc..I want her last years to be as easy for her as possible.Just praying it works out the best for her and her care,

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Have faith, we did a one month trial March 1st and we moved her bed, favorite chair and table. All she did was pack for a month. We avoided going there more than once a week. She made new friends and has a boyfriend. We rented her house out to pay the bills, so it is still hers, many of her things are still stored there. Cousins helped us clean out the place, so it could be completely painted inside. Mom has many friends, including one special man who adores her. She is living like a princess now.
(0)

My MIL loves it at AL. There is always something to do and her meals are prepared for her.
(0)

Have faith, we did a one month trial March 1st and we moved her bed, favorite chair and table. All she did was pack for a month. We avoided going there more than once a week. She made new friends and has a boyfriend. We rented her house out to pay the bills, so it is still hers, many of her things are still stored there. Cousins helped us clean out the place, so it could be completely painted inside. Mom has many friends, including one special man who adores her. She is living like a princess now.
(1)

My sister and I are struggling with these same emotions right now. My mom is 88 and still living in her house. She is having mobility issues and suffering from depression. Although we are there as much as we can, she is still very lonely. She is very resistant to letting go of the past. She loves her little house and I'm so afraid of what it will do to her if she has to give it up.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter