Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Gee, I think you're screwed. This should be a movie that no one would want to watch. Hey, can you pull a 51/50 on her? Wait until she throws an ashtray at you, kicks or hits one of you, and have her arrested for assai;t. Or taken in on the old "danger to herself or others" line. Then get a restraining order. Let the state have her? Have her arrested for slander. Gee, and I only had to deal with 2 hours (so far tonight...) of sloppy poop. Piece of cake. There's something to be said (in this case) when dementia leaves folks like this speechless.

Get her a nice little apartment somewhere if she is so sane, and move all her nice possessions back in with her, and inform some adult protective services agency to keep an eye on her. Oh, really, what do I know. How do you divorce your parents?
(0)

Alzcaregiver. Well, it all sux. Ya see I had the health care proxy and they deemed her incompetent, but then guess what, I had 30 days to take her back and she became completely sane scoring 27 out of 30 on the mmse test in the docs office so therefore if she says "I am not going back" the nursing home cannot keep her if she is in her right mind (and she is in her right mean mind). So I got stuck, they told me she had 2 masses in her lungs that looked like lung cancer but it turns out now that it is not, after hospice is now coming to my house. She told the hospice RN today that I stole her car and all her household stuff. Like I would really want all this crap that has cluttered up my home. Jesus, she has a home worth 65K max. Hell, I can make that in a year easy working part time. She has called my husband every name in the book, mainly we are theives and liers and idiots. She has told everyone this crap. I mean, I explained to her, mother, I REALLY don't want your "home interior" crap and I just brought it here for you to feel at home. Oh Lord, No, it was all about guilt that she made me feel. PLEASE take the house"""Ha
(0)

2oldtogiveacrap is a "Registered Nurse. I have been supervising nursing homes for 15 years now. I have recently taken my mother out of the one I work in to live with my husband and I." so she knows a few things. I guess the slipup here is that the mother is not demented enough, not yet "condemned," to have another make decisions for her. Do you have POA or conservatorship? That would probably be the best route, then you'd have the power to put her back. Don't put her where you work or you'll never have any peace there.

So was money (inheritance) a consideration in bringing her home? It certainly would be mine. If your mother is still with it enough, how about having her see a psychiatrist and counselor? My mom is good natured, but when she is having a delusional confrontational episode, I say things calmly like "that is not acceptable, Mom, open your eyes, come back to the room, and get in the real world. The world with your squirrels, kitties, Andre Rieu..." It seems to have an effect. How far does someone have to be "gone" for you to call them on their maddening and cruel behavior.

Anyway, you being a nursing home RN, you must have a few answers up your sleeve, and perhaps this has happened at your facility before with other families. The "home didn't work out, we're back" situation.
(1)

I don't think the 'Indian giver' thing applies here. Put her back.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter