Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I'd love to live in another state. But, the taxes there are prohibitive-cost of admission is just to high to justify the expenses. In the past I was very poor, knew where each and every penny went. I do not want to live like that again, it is stressful and difficult to even enjoy what most others take for granted. For me, it's better to have the resources to do a few extra things than to struggle like that.
(2)

Rents in Las Vegas are now making the news as they are being raised by thousands ....crazy.
(1)

I live in a very expensive state and area. I love where I live, but I know my money doesn't go as far as it would somewhere else. I get paid a fair market wage based on salaries across the US but I know I have a lower standard of living because I choose to live here.

In expensive places, people struggle to get by. The cost of service goods (such as haircuts) doesn't compensate for the increase in the cost of living I do agree that you should live somewhere you love, I also know this isn't realistic for some people.

I am willing to sacrifice to live here, especially as my kids are in great schools. However, I will move once my kids are out of school and I am nearing retirement. I want my money to go further and that will be achieved somewhere else.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter