Follow

Is anybody else who lost their mother finding it hard to celebrate Mother's Day? My mother died 6 weeks ago and this is the first Mother's Day we have been apart. I have been depressed all week. What are others who lost moms doing?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I'm sorry for the loss of your mom Dat1917. Try to remember the good times you had with her, maybe listen to a song you and she may have enjoyed, or if it is a beautiful sunny day head to the park and have some alone time.

Having lost my mom almost 2 years ago, Mom's Day is just another day, just like the rest of the Holidays throughout the year.
(0)

This one is tough for me as well. I lost mom only a month ago. It is so sad without her.
(0)

My mom passed 10 weeks ago. I have a lot of sadness. Im the most sad at not having her here with me. May is my birthday,her birthday & mothers day. Im allowing myself to grieve however it comes. I may cry,talk to her,& remind myself I will see her again. She left her body not me. It gets complicated when I remember how badly she was treated at assisted living places. I moved her several times before we both realised it was just going to be this way. The set up of having too few aids who quit often due to low pay/high stress. My mom was confined to a wheel chair so she was completely dependent & at their mercy. So I am glad she is out of pain & not being mistreated. I tried having her live at my home several times which did not work out either becasue the aids did not think my mom should have to get up to go to the bathroom so much overnight. It was more of a hardship on her so I do not understand why they thought she would just do it to inconvience them. Mother's Day & everyday is going to be sad for awhile. I thought about her and her needs constantly. I did not know it was even possible to miss someone this much. I will celebrate her this Sunday & I believe she will be with me.
(2)

Maybe that is part of what is going on with me. First mom's day without her.😢
(0)

My heart goes out to all of you, I can only relate when it's Fathers Day! So sorry for your losses.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter