Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
This was read at my friend's mum's funeral today. Both my parents in their 80s were in attendance and it made me sit up and take notice and appreciate all they have done for me. I will remember this.
(0)

My mom is in nursing home now shes been there since dec i feel bad i couldnt care for her anylonger i spend almost every day poping in some days are good and some bad but i always know she loves me..
(0)

And i feel everyone should take notice.U only get this one chance.
(0)

very touching. Such a true memory. Mom lived to 92 & I share many loving memories.
(0)

I read it many time before. This is so touching and beautiful. I agree to chance the title to "Letter from Mother to Daughters & Sons for Mother's Day". It is so lucky to whom still has mother alive.
(0)

dear sons . remember the houses we built, the trucks , trikes , cars , sand rails ?
remember all the b*tches that left us cause they wanted more than our crude homemade crap ?
dads getting up in the years now and im still mad as a hatter but mad with no power
people are going to start questioning my sanity and my resolve but these are going to be high falootin , booklearnrd b*stards who will announce that they know whats best for me . you got my back guys . when one of em tries to interfere bust him / her overtop the head so hard you break both their ankles . ive always fought your battles with you , now old decrippie is needin to call in a favor .
(1)

This is so true and I see it first hand because I am a home health nurse. I care for many elderly ailing patients on a daily basis. There are many who live alone and have no one to care for them and there are others who have family but the families are just too darn busy. I pray when I am old, God will remember me and the good works I did while I was providing care to so many who were not and are not able to care for themselves.
(0)

My mom just passed away, I have cried and wish that I had read this letter sooner. the letter is so true. Thank you so much for this
(0)

Love it. I would address it to my children though.
(0)

From another perspective....this could be a guilt trip. Sometimes care giving can drain a person dry!
(0)

Yes, caregiving can drain you dry or even kill you :)
I love the letter because i think it is a reminder to remember all of the person - the past also - not just the limitations of today. It helps with patience.
(0)

I read this at my 70th to all I cried while reading every time I read I cry I am a male I have 3 sons and 7 grand kids all girls do I love them
(1)

This letter, is a great reminder to us all. We should read it often. This time we have left with our LO is tiresome,trying, and at times treacherous. But this time with our LO will vanish at rapid speed. So to go through the 3 T's now. Is nothing compared to being stricken with grief, when they are gone. I know, I miss my Dad soooooo much, and will miss my Mom even more.
Heaven holds all to me.
(0)

Thank you
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter