Follow

I was at her side as I have been for the last 3 years along with my brother. We are heartbroken but know that she is in the arms of God and my Father again.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Smeltzer31970 ~ My heart goes out to you dear. Please know what a tremendous job you've done taking wonderful care of her. You should be proud. I know she would have told you so. I am struggling at this moment sleeping nightly in a chair next to my Mom's bed in the nursing home. She has hours, or perhaps only days left. She hasn't had food or water for 14 days. I pray everyday God will show her mercy and take her home.

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. To those caregivers who've traveled this road before me, I read each and every posting and it gives me solice to know I'm not alone in my heartbreak. Thanks to all.
(0)

It does come in waves, one minute I'm fine and the next in tears.
(0)

Im so sorry for your loss. My mom passed on Monday the 21st. I've been so busy that it hits me in waves....sending hugs your way!
(1)

Smeltzer and your brother and family,
I am so sorry you have lost your dear Mother.Take good care of yourselves now.She must have been very proud of her children and I'm sure she is in the presence of God now where I believe my Mother is also.We were blessed to have them as long as we did....
(2)

i miss my mother but i was kinda relieved when she died . she had been hallucinating for her last 60 days . her mind was nearly gone . a body doesnt have much purpose without a mind .
sometimes a life is over while theres still a heart beating . you haveta just let them go and try to take their place in the family .
(2)

My prayers are with you, I know how hard this is
(1)

Smeltzer ... my sympathy sweetheart, knowing that you did right by her will count one day, hold on to that at this horrid time xx
(1)

I too offer my condolences; it sounds as though it's been a long, sad struggle for you. I hope you can take comfort in knowing that her battle is over. Please be sure to honor the role you and your brother undertook in caring for her during this time.
(1)

Condolences on the loss of your mother. Take care of yourself during this difficult time.
(2)

I am so sorry, Smeltzer. I know it has been a long last three years. It is sad when a good life has to end with such long suffering. You were a great daughter to her, and I know she appreciated you.
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss........
(0)

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom last month. I have never gone through anything so hard and I'm still struggling. I am sending you peace and know your mom is having fun, is healthy and happy in heaven.

Angel
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter