my mother is 95 and is in a nursing home and being treated for Alzheimers/dementia in Pennsylvania and she has some assets to use up before she becomes eligible for medicaid. Medicare stopped paying for her stay. I am pursuing a medicaid compliant annuity and I need to know the detailed steps that I must follow(or are required) to get the job done. I have a POA but it needs to be updated for gifting but it appears that a guardianship must be gotten. She previously resided in a different county than the nursing home she is currently in and I don't know whether the paper should be filed in where she is now residing or the county she came from. I am getting varying answers even from the people who should know. Also, it appears that some gifting has occurred in the past 5 years.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter