Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Seriously, you should start the proceedings to become her gaurdian and not just her poa. Any court investigator out there would see that mom is where she can be cared for. Disagreements between sibs can also go again either sib when it comes to gaurdianship. With guardianship, the guardian can make the decision as to where or not mom lives in a facility or in home care. Dig in it could get nasty and the county public guardian could become moms guardian because the kids cannot agree.
(1)

And by the way, one week (or two weeks or three weeks) is not NEARLY long enough for a resident to settle in. What does the staff there say about how long it generally takes? I wouldn't take Mother's attitude about the place at face value the first few weeks.
(4)

Jeannegibbs, right you are.... the situations are different and my intentions were not to be inappropriate ...I was just venting my situation with mom. I do apologize if I was "off track" there. But, guess I had a moment there. Also, I am not with her 24/7 because I work but other household members assist with the security part of it.

Again, my heart goes out to Maureen because for years I have worked with and around alzheimer residents and still do. I have taken extensive trainning as well on alzheimers. I have watched and assisted them in the phases of this dreadful disease. My heart has bled many days for the families.

My reasons against most facilities are very personal...I saw much of what goes on in some facilities, that paint such beautiflul pictures. Thats when I made a personal vow concerning my mom. I think there maybe some great facilities out there...it has to be...sounds like you may have found one (whoo-hoo)! I am happy for you guys.

Maureen, I trust and believe that the Lord will send efficient angels to love and take good care of your mom in the facility. There are some really great people in the mix....you, your mom and your sibblings will be in my prayers also....doing what is safer and more feasible for your moms best interest sounds like a plan. I think, one of the greatest gift you/sibblings can give mom at this point is lots of love and support....support as in making daily or frequent un-announced visits to her facility to see her.

Often times from some of the staff eyesight....this signifies bundles of love and support and it does carry much weight...as far as the quality of care specifically in the later stage of this disease. The one who comes to see mom most will likely become the staffs favorite! You will be adored and because of you mom will be as well. In my eyesight, (and I'm sure others may feel the same)...I do not discriminate care and I feel everyone is VIP weather the family comes around or not.

There is a big open space in my heart for the elderly and I see a bit of my own mom thru the eyes of others. I am compelled to love and serve with all of my heart and after all these years I am not burned out....love conquers all...just my opinion.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter