Follow
Mother is 90 percent bedridden with various illnesses i.e. COPD, CHF, Diversticulitus, arthritis, lower back vertebrae cracked and repaired, hip replacement required. She is in unending pain except when she drugs herself into unconsciousness. She's not a good candidate but scheduled for surgery this month. Drugs and Alzheimer affect her ability to reason and remember.

Father has lung cancer. Two months ago, he was informed that Chemo will no longer prevent its growth. He can continue to take a type of chemo that will help him breathe easier as he died or he can have his doctor contact a Hospice and he could die soon. He chose chemo.

My wife and I have been caring for them with the help of CNA's that visit the home. We can't do it all. After much argument, parents hired a housekeeper via their church who stole 3k from them. They refuse to file charges. Others continue to cheat them. They refuse to sign a POA to allow me to handle med issues and business for them. What to do?
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
if u mom has dementia and your dad lung cancer, you should get help for your own mental health. you have to take control of your situation. is selfish of your parents not wanting you to delegate in other profesionals like visiting nurse service, hospice, home care, nursing home, skilled assisting living facility to take care of your parents because you are worn out already. your parents can not tell you what to do because you are the one who needs to stand up by yourself and let them know that you are the one who are taking all their responsablities on your shoulders and is time to stop.
(1)

It might help to get their pastor or someone they respect involved. Good Luck!
(1)

Mother is 90 percent bedridden with various illnesses i.e. COPD, CHF, Diversticulitus, arthritis, lower back vertebrae cracked and repaired, hip replacement required. She is in unending pain except when she drugs herself into unconsciousness. She’s not a good candidate but scheduled for surgery this month. Drugs and Alzheimer affect her ability to reason and remember.

Father has lung cancer. Two months ago, he was informed that Chemo will no longer prevent its growth. He can continue to take a type of chemo that will help him breathe easier as he died or he can have his doctor contact a Hospice and he could die soon. He chose chemo.

My wife and I have been caring for them with the help of CNA's that visit the home. We can’t do it all. After much argument, parents hired a housekeeper via their church who stole 3k from them. They refuse to file charges. Others continue to cheat them. They refuse to sign a POA to allow me to handle med issues and business for them. What to do?
(0)

The teaser reflects "type your question here"....I typed....but only a few words are allowed....down at the bottom it reflects in bold orange...."submit" huh? OK....I submitted...what I typed disapeard...huh?...I typed it again...same results....THEN another blank spot that's supposed to show up to type the actual quesiton appeard...the first couple of times it didnt show...the next time it showed but it was not visible on my screen...It would be better to have a "title" blank connected to the body of the note so we can see the entire picture and know what's coming next....or something better that I cant think of right now because I am sleepy and my brain is not clicking very well go come up with somthing better.
(0)

Just out of curiosity, what WERE you doing wrong?

I see so many first-timers doing the same thing - making a couple sentences of an attention getting topic - but then leaving no message body to explain the rest of the story.

Always wondered what's causing it.
(0)

This post is not complete...after several attempts to post on this site, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong...now I cant delete the incomplete posts...neat, huh?

Liam.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter