Mom's going to court...

Follow

Well myself and my mom are going to eviction court to tell the judge and jury that her son exploited, lied, and took advantage of her blindness to get her house. Now he is dead and his son sold it. He went to probate Court and got all his dad's things but Houston is where all his dad's things were located. The house is in another town and we never got anything from probate that the house was on it. Well anyway she wants it back and the deed made like her will. And she has witnesses and evidence that she would of never signed it without it being as her will reads 4 children split and if any of us take the other to court for our part then that child gets nothing. My mom is 91 and blind and was blind at the time that her son had the deed done.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4
Mama and I are doing fine.She was in hospital for 3 days and I stayed with her.. Now back at nursing home and I am back home.I really like my home I leased here in town to stay close.. It's a lesson learned.I did talk to my half sister. He calls her sometimes .She said he had to get the house cause he lost in a business deal with some partner and owes a lot of money to probate lawyer and investors..So the guy who he gave it to, they are going in business together.. Sounds like a bad investment gone wrong..She said he still owes on my brothers funeral and that's been 3 years.. But Mama and I are truly blessed and happy.. Just trying to keep her well.Hospital stay is stressing..And no rest ..😊
(3)

The evidence is going to be difficult, because the only other person who could be usefully called to account - for example required to explain what steps he took to ensure his blind mother's understanding of the document he was requiring her to sign - is no longer with us.

So you'd be trying to prove a negative without even having the surrounding circumstances open to objective questioning. And you don't have access to any pro bono citizens' advice/legal advisory services, do you?

If you are okay, and if your mother is okay, then moving on is going to be best for you. The real wrongdoer in the case is pushing up the daisies; and though it may grate for his son to be the beneficiary... well. He's not the real culprit.

Get all your paperwork and information together, tidy it up, stick it in an archive file and leave it for posterity.

How are you doing, otherwise?
(1)

Well I finally heard from EPS and they said because we can't provide evidence other than my mom telling them that she would of never signed a deed that left her son 💯 percent of her home that they more than likely can't do anything for her.. This is so wrong but I guess I will tell them to forget it so there won't be any more stress on me ..My heart is broke and it's making me feel crazy..So maybe I should just let it be and move on.
(0)

On the Movoto website, it is listed for sale.

This appears to be a link you can search for Texas filings:
www.texasfile.com/register/

There is a realtor listed on the Movoto website; I'm sure she'd be interested to see your mom's deed. 
(0)

Google is only an internet search engine, and it's only as accurate as the information it is able to access, and how often that info is updated. It's not anything "official".

I am not exactly sure where you can find information about who officially owns the house and when it is changing hands. I am guessing any sale has to be recorded by a city or county department, such as who is now responsible to pay property taxes on it, etc.

I hope some other folks have better answers for you, Lisa. And I hope you and your mom are hanging in there.
(0)

If anyone might help me to understand why when I Google the house that I lost an eviction to, it still shows my mom as owner and if that's normal, will I be able to see what's going on with it as far as if it was to go up for sale without a realtor by Google.
(0)

I don't know why he was there but him and the guy that bought house was. I have to move in 5 days don't know if that's starting yesterday or today.So I am going to try my best to get a place and move, cause the grandson wanted the things in the house but I seen the buyer put his hand up like stop..EPS still has an open investigation on the grandson selling the house but it takes time I know but I will fight to end . They said also they can help get lawyer. Might have to move for now but who knows what might happen when they get involved.. Mama got a lot off her chest and everyone listened but the jury's hands were tied due to eviction being on me.. They didn't serve my other 2 son's that live with me cause he only thought it was me and my oldest son.. The guy that bought it kept saying that has nothing to do with the case and I would tell judge that it leads up to why this eviction was happening but she sustained it every time. Country mouse you gave me an excellent procedure for everything if it would of been a different situation. When I cross examined the grandson he lied ,so when I question mama that's when she told him.You are a liar and thief and said all her heart felt without any tearing or emotions but being pissed..I wish I could of recorded it..
(3)

Lisa, get a lawyer.

Whether or not the house in question belongs to the person seeking the eviction order in question is, pretty obviously, highly germane.

I completely agree with SnoopyLove that the key thing to focus on immediately is your and especially your mother's wellbeing. But that doesn't mean the title issue isn't worth pursuing.

What was the grandson even doing there? I thought he'd already "sold" the property?

How is your mother after her moral victory? :)
(4)

Lisa, I'm glad there was a bright side of sorts today and hope that APS can help you and your mother in this awful situation. Please let us know what happens. Blessings to you for being such a caring daughter.
(4)

Well because the case was an eviction case on me the judge didn't let me present any evidence about my brother ripping off his mom. and the grandson that sold the house .my 91 year old mother got up on the stand and called him a liar and a thief , she didn't care if it was not suppose to be said or not.Then she started going off on how his dad stole her home and so did you.He started going off on her and he was told to shut up or leave . Loosing was upsetting but that 15 minutes was glorious..He didn't get anything in the house and he wanted It bad.. Still have adult protective services on it..
(3)

1 2 3 4
Related
Questions