Follow

I had a few hours off work today so I went to moms house to get the mail, life insurance checks from daddy just passing, so I went to the bank to deposit them. This put me behind since it is traveling from PA to Maryland back to PA. I normally get to mom after work and stay til 6-6:30. I didn't make it today, told myself I would go tomorrow. I knew it would make mom happy that I had checked on the house and done banking for her. I have no cell service for most of the trip, but texts get thru, my daughter text that the nursing home was trying to get ahold of me. In the back of my mind I knew....but I am the queen of denial. Once I had service I called, mom passed. If I had stayed at work and done my normal day, I would have been with her. I wanted to be, I think we all do. But our loved ones determine when. I gathered up my children and we went to be with mom for the rest of the evening. I would still be there holding her hand and talking to her but I couldn't do that to the kids. The nurse told me that she had not had a patient go thru what mom did, her body responded to the struggle of not breathing in ways she had not seen before. I suppose it was her body doing what comes naturally to a lack of oxygen and she was not physically or mentally struggling. 41 days since her stroke. 66 is too d*mn young. She is with daddy again.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Angiedd, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. I can't imagine what you are experiencing with this happening so soon after your father. My goodness, it's a lot to handle. I pray that you and your family will find peace and comfort in your thoughts of her reuniting with your father.
(1)

I'm so sorry, Angie.

There has been quite a lot of reporting about new research into 'broken heart syndrome' recently. Perhaps it is consoling to think that all your mother wanted was to be together with your daddy again, and she's found peace. But from your point of view, talk about kicking a girl when she's down - ! This loss so soon after the first is really hard on you. Take good care of yourself, one day at a time.

Wishing you and your family comfort.
(3)

Angie
So sorry for the heartbreak you've been through the past couple of months

May you rest easy in the coming days
(2)

Blessings of peace and comfort for you and your family.
(3)

My condolences on the loss of your mom. Perhaps the nurse was really inexperienced?? Cheyne Stokes breathing is very common in the last days and hours. I went through it with my mom this April and my dad in 2010. It's very disturbing to say the least, but very natural as the body shuts down. It took me a lot of time to accept and understand that. I had nightmares!

I wish you peace in Christ in the days to come.
(4)

I'm so sorry for the loss of both your parents in such a short time period at such a young age. I'm shocked and irritated that the nurse felt the urge to share the breathing issues tied to your mom. Absolutely no reason to lay that burden on you. I'm sorry about that too, and continually amazed at the stupidity of some people. But in the larger picture, I'm glad you and your children got to spend some time with your mom - and again, so sorry she passed. You're right. 66 is too d*mn young.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter