Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
Thank you so much for listening, empathizing and just giving the best advice you can.

Mom woke up yesterday morning...smiling! She said, "It's amazing! The pain went away!"

I HONESTLY believe that between this site and all of the prayers and many others who have prayed for her besides myself have truly made a difference. I read somewhere that her type of pain from the radiation itself may never go away. The past couple of days, she has gone out to dinner, went to family dinners and enjoyed herself, laughing and joking like she used to.

I'm in awe.

So, thank you. Thank you!!!

I'm so relieved. I totally understand that the lack of quality of life may want to bring some to that decision of 'turning the lights out' --- but what if there was a silver lining like my mom just had? I mean, what if that pain, that misery can slip away somehow? That's the scary part of it because she wasn't terminal. I can totally understand a terminal patient who is just going to keep declining and declining. And yes, part of me wants to keep her here forever, she is such a vibrant women.....except when illness brings her down unfortunately.

Again, just thank you.
(2)

I will pray for her. God bless you both.
(0)

Thank you. We found out that the chemo and radiation has lessened the tumor, but the cancer is still there and needs to be removed. She doesn't want to be operated on. She's a "healthy", vibrant 76 year old who can live a long life -- but I have to respect her wishes if she chooses not to. She wants a few more weeks with the radiation, but it's going to hurt her so much. (It burns her bottom up severely.) Please pray that the cancer is gone or goes away. I've been depressed all holiday long and I know that 2015 is going to be super challenging.

Thank you in advance.
(0)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter