Follow

I love this woman, but sometimes i want to pull my hair out.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
my husband peed in his sisters closet when we were visiting, when ya gotta go ya just got to go, especially in unfamiliar territory....we don't visit much anymore
(0)

My mother was doing really weird stuff too - stuff she (when she was herself) would never done in a million years. It drove me crazy, was really messy, and just wasn't "her." When we finally figured out that her dementia wasn't Alzheimer's (which starts in the back of the brain) but was, instead, fronto-temporal-lobe dementia (which starts in the front of the brain), it really helped us get a grip on what was going on things. Good luck!
(1)

I'm learning..
(0)

This is too funny. It made my day. I am so happy you took it in stride, it's funny how things like this would have sent us in a frenzy in the past now we just giggle and move on.
(0)

Oh my but this was funny. The title to the post and then just the briefest of explanations following, "Some days I want to tear my hair out!"

The mental image cannot be beat!
(2)

My husband brought me a cup of coffee in the cat's bowl and put cat food in my coffee cup down for the cat!!!! Hurt my feelings!
(2)

Jinx4740, I have to agree with you thoroughly! Our kitty is the best thing that has ever happened to caregiving. She helps tell me when Mom is up or doing something, especially something she isn't supposed to be doing. I have my outside cats and when the going gets too tough inside, I go out and they always cheer me up. I think I might need to move my cat's litter box because it is in Mom's bathroom, LOL! If it weren't for my cat, I would be nuts and so would every one else.
(1)

Captain, You can say anything you want, but DON"T dis cats! My husband's "handsome little sir" is the only thing keeping us sane right now.
(5)

OMG I almost spit out my coffee reading this post. Too funny. Bet the real pussy-cat was miffed, they are so fussy about the fact that you just HAVE to cover it all.
(0)

Can't help the laughter, especially envisioning her trying to straddle it. I guess one could be grateful she didn't pee in the closet.
(3)

Oh, my word... It's time for DEPENDS.
(2)

I cleaned it up without to much fuss, but you are right sometimes all you can do is laugh and maybe grab another glass of wine.
(3)

welcome to the AC forum Smeltzer, and OMG I'm dying here!! Sorry, I know how distressing stuff like this can be, especially in the moment, but if we can't find humor in it then we're all eventually gonna end up loonier than they are, right?
The title of this thread was my first good laugh of the day.
Cap'n - your post was the second!
(3)

Captain (same as Capn Hardass?) I am LMAO - that was a good one!!
Smeltzer, this is one of many off the wall things your Mom will say or do from day to day - just gotta roll with it for the time being. At some point facility care may be the only option, but I hope you never have to face it. Do take every opportunity for short periods of respite whenever you can - it will help you keep your sanity!
(2)

no harm done. dam shame the cat wasnt in it.. cats are too arrogant. a lesson in humility would do em good.
(3)

Not really, i guess she could not find the toilet right in front of her. So she just sat down on whatever she saw.
(3)

Wow - that's challenging. Did she say why she did it?
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter