Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Make sure they test her for a urinary tract infection. Every elder care facility will tell you it makes senior adults do things they don't normally do......like going off their food, hallucinating, acting in ways not like them.
(0)

Make sure they test her for a urinary tract infection. Every elder care facility will tell you it makes senior adults do things they don't normally do......like going off their food, hallucinating, acting in ways not like them.
(4)

Xina; a week ? Are you sure about that? Can you check it out with the building social worker? Usually with apartments, you have until the end of the month. And if you are willing/able to pay for another month, it buys you time.

My heart goes out to you. After my mom's stroke, I was very busy arranging rehab, organizing stuff at her house and the like. One day in rehab, they tried to get mom up and she passed out, turned bluish-grey and really looked like she was going south very quickly. The team rushed in to do stuff and I just stood there in a puddle of my own tears.

One of the nurses took me firmly by the hand and put me in the DON's office and told me to stay there. I had a really, really good cry.

You might need one of those right about now; go right ahead! Just know that all of our loving arms are around you and that our hearts are with you.
(5)

Clearly you want what is best for Mom and you are providing it. 24/7 care! Handling the multitude of issues! Visiting Mom. Your life is FULL. Some of the practical issues can be addressed in small doses. If no one in your family can use the Baby Grand see if you can find a home for it. Perhaps a church group? Or, ask your friends that have been offering help -- to identify a new home for it. Ditto on clothes and stuff. If no one is the right size, identify donation centers that can use clothing. Start with things Mom would never be using at this stage --- dressy items, shoes purses etc. A charity can sell them in their thrift store and make use of the funds for a worthwhile cause. Ask your daughters to assist. If each visit reduces the overstuffed closets you will begin to feel less overwhelmed. Going into hospice doesn't equate to an immediate end. BUT it does offer a lot more assistance for Mom. You live in a highly populated area. There are many opportunities to do good with the 'stuff'. Enjoy the time that is left with your Mom and keep in mind that memories live forever. Sending hugs.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter