Follow

Thank you all for this forum and your support.

I have lost both of my parents in the last 9 months.

The first words out of my brothers mouth was when he would get some money. That hurts more than anything else.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
KatieKate I am so sorry for your loss. My mom passed just a week ago. I know how hard this is for you right now. You have taken such good care of her and she knows it and is proud of you.

As far as I know, thank goodness that nobody has asked when the estate will be divided up. Course I was not POA or executor either. It may have happened. Do not let bro get to you, you may need to establish ground rules that you will let him know what state law requires. Here it is one year, other states may be different. Then leave it at that.
(4)

So sorry Katie............peace be with you!
(2)

Katiekate - My condolences. I'm sorry for your losses and also for your brother's wretched attitude. I have one of those in my family who I'm sure will be saying the same thing.
(3)

Condolences, Katie. Seems to me that any dysfunction or personality issues in a person come to full light during the caregiving time and then when someone passes. I wish you comfort and please continue to stick around AC for the support that you need at this time. I'm glad your parents are at peace. You've done well by them. That's the very best we can do, I think. (((((Hugs))))) to you.
(4)

I'm sorry for your loss Katiekate :(
(3)

Dear Katie, so sorry to hear of your loss. Savor good memories. Stick around here, you're too valuable a resource to lose.
(5)

KK, so sorry for your loss. Your brother isn't acting well. We understand and you fought for her comfort and care so your mom could stay home. Good and faithful you are.
(2)

You have my deepest sympathy. May the memory of your mother be a blessing to you.
(2)

Katie, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. I see both of your parents were in their 90's. Last year my parents passed within 9 months of each other, too, also in their 90's. Now they are together again, as my Dad had missed my Mom terribly.

What a heartless comment by your brother. Some people just don't think before they speak.... [sigh].
(2)

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences. I can't imagine losing your parents so close in time. My goodness. You really have been such a blessing and loving daughter. That is priceless. It's sad that your're having to deal with your brother......take care and let us know how you get along, when you are able.
(2)

Katie, my heart goes out to you..be proud of the care you provided, taking comfort in knowing you did your best. I have brothers that sound like yours and I know the emotions that go along with my disappointment in them. Try to focus on the good memories. ..they'll appear in your mind more and more with time. I am saying a prayer for you. Please stay in touch here. 💝
(3)

katie - my deepest condolences on the loss of your mum, and, less recently, your dad. Losing both parents within a year must be very hard for you. Rest in that you have been a great daughter and caregiver, and that they are now together and at peace. Time to take care of you now ((((((hugs)))))
(4)

So sorry for your loss. You can't control what others do or say, take time to care and heal yourself. Hugs.
(2)

KatieKate
I'm sorry to hear that your mom has passed but glad she is out of her suffering. Yes, brother reminds us that life goes on. Please take time to mourn and adjust to the new order. You were loved by your parents and you loved them. The money can't compete.
(1)

KatieKate,
I am so sorry you have now lost Both of your dear Parents.How lucky they were to have You and also Your Great care.Loosing both your folks in just 9 months must just be awful and then your brother making rude comments on top...I'm so sorry.
Take good care of yourself in the days ahead.many {{{hugs}}},Lu
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter