Follow

My mother passed away peacefully early this morning.

The last few hours were rough, but my husband and I were fortunate to be there with her at the end. Hospice was such a comfort and blessing to us, especially in these last few days. Now that it's over, I am very glad to have been able to keep mom at home, to pass here peacefully in the comfort of her own bedroom, rather than the sterility of a hospital room.

To all of you here in this forum, I want to express my humblest gratitude for your support and love through this most difficult of journeys that we refer to as caregiving. A few of you have been exceptionally kind, and I will forever appreciate it.

I hope to remain an active part of this forum. I will endeavor to "pay it forward", the support and kindness I have received here from many of you.

To all of you who are struggling with this most difficult of jobs, you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. To those who have ended their caregiving journey as their loved ones have passed, I also offer my prayers for comfort and peace as you move forward.

Hugs to all of you.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I am sorry for your loss. You and your husband will be in my thoughts.
(1)

I am so sorry for your loss. The days ahead will be hard. Relish the good memories and allow yourself to grieve. There are no timelines for grief and your emotions are yours. You are entitled. I know you did your very best for your mom. God bless you and your family.
(2)

May your mom Rest In Peace and you find comfort in your memories and the blessings of your family and friends.
(1)

Thinking of how it feels to wake and know that your mom is gone. Such a sad feeling. For me it required a review of the past days and hours to finally accept that she was indeed gone. It will take time. Something you might have a little more of today before life speeds back up.
(1)

Be comforted by knowing you saw her through safely to the end. I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad that she found peace.

The world will feel very strange to you now and for some time, be prepared. It's good to know you and your husband have each other to lean on.
(3)

EB,

I am so sorry for your loss. You are one of the kindest people on this forum and have been an inspiration to all of us.

I am glad that you did things exactly how you wanted to and that your mom died peacefully in her bedroom in the way that you wanted her to spend her last hours.

I am also glad that you had help from hospice. They are wonderful!

Your mom was so very blessed to have you as a daughter. Many hugs. Be at peace.
(1)

Notgoodenough, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time. What a special blessing to be with your dear mom in her home during her last days and that she passed peacefully. Wishing you peace and strength as you move on with your journey in life. Hugs sent to you.
(5)

May God wrap his loving arms around you and give you comfort, strength and peace.

My condolences.
(3)

I just saw this and wanted to say how sorry I am upon the loss of your mother. It sounds as if her transition was peaceful and that must bring you comfort. I know this must be so difficult and time will be needed to adjust. I'll keep check to see if you are able to post how things are going with you. Take care.
(2)

Condolences on your loss. Big hugs back to you.
(3)

So very sorry for your loss, but grateful that you were able to honor your moms wishes to die at home. Unless you have been there done that, no one can truly understand what that all entails.

I just lost my husband 3 weeks ago, and he too was able to die at home like he wanted. I pray for peace and comfort in the days, weeks, and months ahead for you and your family. God bless you.
(1)

So sorry for your loss. Take a deep breath and start moving forward. Time to get ur life back. No guilt, no regrets. We all do the best we can. There are no instructions on how to raise our kids, there also isn't instructions on how to care for an adult.

((HUG))
(0)

Oh, NotGoodEnough, I am so sorry. I know you did all you could and I am so relieved your Mom had hospice and you were able to be there at the end. I am glad of her peace from struggle. I am so glad to know you will stay with us and help others going forward. My thoughts are with you.
(1)

I am so sorry for your loss.

Praise The Lord that you were able to have her home during her final hours.

May God grant you grieving mercies and comfort during this difficult time.
(1)

My condolences for your loss, I know how hard it is to go through the agony of all of this. I'm glad your mom's passing was peaceful, and that hospice was a comfort for all of you. Sending you a big hug and a prayer for peace.
(3)

My condolences. I’m glad she had a peaceful passing and you could be with her at home.
(3)

Good, I’m so very sorry, for it all. The loss of a beloved mom is a special kind of pain. Your mother was so blessed to have you in her corner, looking out for her needs. I feel the same about the at home hospice experience, so very hard, but so worth doing, it’s a privilege to provide our parent the path to pass in the place and way they wanted. I pray you’ll be surrounded by the comfort of good memories and have peace in the days ahead. Big hug!
(1)

Dear Good,
Sorry for your loss. 🍂🍂🌹🍂🍂

Psalm 34:18, “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” 
(2)

Dear "notgoodenough,"

Please accept my heartfelt condolences in the passing away of your mother.
I am so glad that both you and your husband were able to be with her until the end and that she passed away peacefully. When it comes to death and dying, it really doesn't get any better than that. Not only that but, the fact that she was at home and in her bedroom is what a lot of us could only wish for.

Your mother's life ended just like my dad's and like you I felt such deep gratitude and thankfulness for everything hospice did in caring for my dad in the home I grew up in and that he too wasn't in a sterile hospital environment.

You have been a real trooper through this and I commend you for that. I know it's just the beginning of your grieving process and that you will still feel the pain and sorrow but, I know you will all get through this. With your lovely post, you have already begun to "pay it forward."

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you - take care of yourselves.

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
(3)

I'm so sorry for your loss, N. Be at peace with your good memories of your mom.
(2)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter