Follow

Yes she has MILD dementia and very mild. She calls my son and I names (of course we are the only ones that care for her) my son is almost 20 but we have all been together for 15 years or so. Then I end up speaking to her as I would anyone that had called my son a name. I am to lazy to type and the more I type I know what I need to do. JUST WALK AWAY. My god she just pisses me off sometimes. She is angry - her brain and her mouth are the only two things that function properly. l am understanding most of the time, but having a moment. Thanks for listening - Sole Caregiver of both parents - for 15 years - BLAHHHHH

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
"Her brain and her mouth are the only two things that function properly."

With dementia, her brain doesn't even function properly so it's only just her mouth that functions properly. :-)
(0)

She's probably more bored than angry. Is there a Senior Center nearby? Some will even provide pick up and return. A trip to the beauty shop works for my MIL. She won't spend a dime on herself, too frugal, but loved a cut & color.
(0)

I like your way of thinking. I know just I try not to self medicate as much as possible - but rarely does a whole day go by without some type of dysfunction. I love her to death I am sure my dad is up there saying "Better you than me" lol. I just dont want to join my dad before her. I need a vacation.
(0)

Get some Ativan. If she won't take it, then take it yourself. Whatever works.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter